Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that Fremantle and Bridgetown installations have stalled indefinitely. I wonder if they would consider other locations for an install, like extending down to Albany or maybe using these 2 'spare' chargers to open up a fast charging route north to Geraldton.

I understand the sticking point at Bridgetown is ducting that crosses 2 metres of private railway land, in the end Bridgetown business miss out as EV drivers go via Donnybrook instead.
The powers to be in Fremantle see the town as some romantic port city that sweeps people off their feet, all I see is a dirty rundown suburb with buildings in disrepair, broken windows everywhere, violence and those in charge claiming to be progressive while nothing gets achieved except to further their political aspirations, even the football team named after Fremantle is moving 20kms South to the City of Cockburn.

I understand the sticking point at Bridgetown is ducting that crosses 2 metres of private railway land, in the end Bridgetown business miss out as EV drivers go via Donnybrook instead.
The powers to be in Fremantle see the town as some romantic port city that sweeps people off their feet, all I see is a dirty rundown suburb with buildings in disrepair, broken windows everywhere, violence and those in charge claiming to be progressive while nothing gets achieved except to further their political aspirations, even the football team named after Fremantle is moving 20kms South to the City of Cockburn.

It's unfortunate that Bridgetown has stalled over what seems to be a small issue.

I don't see that under current circumstances Fremantle will ever get legs and the location doesn't seem to add any value to an electric highway given proximity to other charging options nearby. My feeling is that consideration should be given to using this charger in another town. Either to extend the capabilities of the SW charging network or as the start of a network heading North or East.

Given the business model for the new owners of the EH is based on data from the free times it is likely that the operator will go the way of Better Place (which went itself to a better place). I suggest AEVA offer to buy it & form a holding company & operate the network itself. NB a Tesla could go from Perth to Augusta on one charge and once SC start in the west this will be even worse for them,

It's unfortunate that Bridgetown has stalled over what seems to be a small issue.

I'd given up hope that it would ever happen, but the logjam at Bridgetown has finally cleared and the station was recently installed and commissioned.

@JFK was the first to test it this morning

RAC Electric Highway Bridgetown (soon) | Bridgetown, WA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Given the business model for the new owners of the EH is based on data from the free times it is likely that the operator will go the way of Better Place (which went itself to a better place).

FYI there's no "new owners" - Chargestar is the network operator working on behalf of the city councils and RAC.

I'd given up hope that it would ever happen, but the logjam at Bridgetown has finally cleared and the station was recently installed and commissioned.

@JFK was the first to test it this morning

RAC Electric Highway Bridgetown (soon) | Bridgetown, WA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

FYI there's no "new owners" - Chargestar is the network operator working on behalf of the city councils and RAC.

Well that's just totally unfair JFK, I really thought I had a chance to be the first to use a new charge station in WA while Joseph's i3 was in the panel beaters.

• Funny
Reactions: MDK