TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Race the Runway 2013

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Doug_G, Aug 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

#1 Doug_G, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Race the Runway | Smiths Falls Russ Beach Airport August 24, 2013

I took my Tesla Roadster to last year's Race the Runway, and it was the only electric car. This year I took my Model S, but it wasn't the only EV.

In addition to mine, a fellow named Mark was racing a Sig Red with silver wheels. Jaff was there for the "car show" with his Sig Red. And there was reportedly a white Model S in the parking lot (whoever it was didn't identify him/herself). (Oh and I spotted a Leaf.)

Here is Jaff's and my car nose-to-nose after the event, looking like they're staring in a mirror:
    IMG_2057.JPG

Here's a video from inside my car:

You'll notice the top speed (kph):

Speed.jpg

Here's another video from outside:

And a view from the back:

Final results were interesting:

1/4 mile times, with roll-out:

Doug 12.17
    Mark 12.28

1/2 mile top speed

Doug 203 kph
    Mark 203 kph

Funny, these cars seem to perform almost identically! Under the same conditions, Teslas behave very similarly!

FWIW the fastest car was a black Lamborghini Aventador.

2. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

Very cool Doug. Must have been fun!

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Incomplete information error.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

258 kph, 10.39 seconds.