Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racing Brake XT910 vs XT970

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the magic blue pads in preparation of Laguna Seca next week. Regardless how well they might work, it’s a visual winner. :D

E7B7099A-FDFE-463A-B3DC-4EA081522C5E.jpeg

5D923CDC-98AF-416E-8D02-DBFDC550CC9F.jpeg

89D7D20C-58CF-40E3-A855-D6BDEF8AB239.jpeg

BFAB48C9-BB31-44F9-80CE-795D0A43D5A3.jpeg

C38F55CF-DD7D-46F1-BF55-42B7DD337E78.jpeg

One session under the belt with Endless. So far so good. I had some uneven deposits on the front rotors when I tried to bed them on the street. However, it seems to sorted itself out with track driving at 70% on cold track, 49* temp and foggy. At least well enough that I don’t feel the pulsation in the pedal. I will have a better feel for them after couple more sessions.

Left front
47F69FF9-923B-47C4-8567-4DFF26778F08.jpeg

Brake dust
B17F933D-2893-4E92-99DE-2230DCE41A4C.jpeg

Right front
FF563251-1A60-4529-A96E-84243512266B.jpeg

6DA2AE11-DA0B-4289-B1D1-1348719926A3.jpeg

More deposits after the 3rd session. The pedal feels soft now due to the deposit, but no vibration like the XT970.

Endless EX90 - The linear bite is great and make it way easier to control and be consistent with braking point. The hot temp bite is lower than XT970, but because the consistency, there is more bite everywhere else when it’s not super hot. If I can resolve the uneven deposit issue, this would be on the top of my list as dual purpose street/track pad.

Just tried to let TrackAddict connect to the MX and the car went nuts....heards motor under the car spin up, contactors were clicking back and forth, got all kinds of error messages on the screen. Unplugged MX and powered car off....hoping all is normal when I power back on in a few minutes. Weird. Guess I won't be doing that again.

Ha that same thing happened to me! I was gridding at Buttonwillow and the car just suddenly went into Park and refused to budge. After being super confused for 5 minutes, i realized it may have been the MX OBD2 dongle causing problems so i yanked that out and everything worked after that.

Just got some Endless pads myself and need to find some time to slap them in before Tesla Corsa at the end of the month, pretty excited to try them out based on all these reviews! Though i hope i still have that rear shim from the OEM pads as i heard its necessary for the Endless..

I think i read that someone is using adhesive for the Endless pads instead of the OEM shim? I'm running Unplugged pads at the moment so i'm not going to hold my breath on being able to find the OEM shim, but maybe...

Reactions: destructure00
I think i read that someone is using adhesive for the Endless pads instead of the OEM shim? I'm running Unplugged pads at the moment so i'm not going to hold my breath on being able to find the OEM shim, but maybe...

Both @destructure00 and I are using "adhesive" to hold the pad in place. I am using the CRC Disk Brake Quiet, he is using liquid engine gasket I believe.

Both @destructure00 and I are using "adhesive" to hold the pad in place. I am using the CRC Disk Brake Quiet, he is using liquid engine gasket I believe.

Sweet, found that old thread too with the McMaster link - you guys are awesome for providing so much info. I was a little hesitant to do the rear pads myself but it seems super straightforward with all the reading material :)

Good information to know. Would Harry’s Laptimer cause the same issue?

Potentially yes, i believe the problem was me trying to get the OBD MX to connect to the lap timer app which is not intended to be used in that way. Model 3 doesn't broadcast typical OBD2 formatted messages (since it doesn't have OBD2 port) so the lap timing apps don't really know how to interface with it and chaos can ensue. I believe Scan My Tesla is basically the only app that will work with the bluetooth OBD2 dongles on Model 3 at the moment.

• Informative