Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar and Lumbar support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so people who just placed the order right now with the current prices are not getting the radar and lumber support. and the prices were the same for those who paid and got their car earlier. not sure how this is related to supply and demand

Reactions: 63AMG
so people who just placed the order right now with the current prices are not getting the radar and lumber support. and the prices were the same for those who paid and got their car earlier. not sure how this is related to supply and demand
I think what the previous answer refer to is the demand for the Model Y is so high that Tesla has no incentive to lower the price even after removing some "features".

the price they put on website was with the expectation of radar and lumber support is their cost consideration. with what you said above, they are basically increasing the price again, just a in different way.

The consumer Reports explained:

“If you paid for something, but you’re getting something less, that is a negotiating opportunity,” says Jake Fisher, senior director of CR’s auto test center.

If consumers ordered for a car with radar and lumbar support but as consumer reports stated above "but you’re getting something less" and consumers refuse to tell Tesla that they won't accept to get something less and they won't ask for the refund, then that creates demands for the car orders.

If every consumer starts calling in to demand refunds then that would reduce the demands and increase the supplies (those cars now would become orphaned cars with no one willing to make a deposit for them or if the orders have not been assembled then those parts would have nowhere to go).

the price they put on website was with the expectation of radar and lumber support is their cost consideration. with what you said above, they are basically increasing the price again, just a in different way.

True! That's called "Shrinkflation":

It happens because consumers don't negotiate and say that they won't pay for getting less. They keep buying and paying to get less.

That's supplies and demands.

Reactions: BitJam and jmaddr
Actually, the price went UP for those of us not receiving radar and passenger side adjustable lumbar support...

Keith

Reactions: Platini
with the removal of Radar and Lumbar support on the passenger seat on the model Y for current production, why aren't we seeing price reduction of the car?
people are overreacting to the words like 'missing, removed'-Tesla won't do overlooking safety. Mine MY is 2020-if anyone wants lumbar & radar I'll switch -my MY is missing (Ha HA) heated steering wheel, double pane glass and Boombox!

Reactions: DanDi58
people are overreacting to the words like 'missing, removed'-Tesla won't do overlooking safety. Mine MY is 2020-if anyone wants lumbar & radar I'll switch -my MY is missing (Ha HA) heated steering wheel, double pane glass and Boombox!
You seem to forget that some people when ordering the car were advertise those feature. I don't feel bad for people who order the car now and those feature are already remove and the product information page is already updated. Same like when you when you order your car and the feature you listed were not advertise so you can't expect to have it. But when people who order a car and it was advertise to have certain feature or hardware and now those hardware are remove of course people should be mad.

Mine is an "early" 2021, I'm missing heated steering wheel, dimming side view mirrors, new center console and newer headlights (I think). Also see cars are getting mud flaps and PPF too (I did those at my cost). Oh well, such is life.