Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar Detector Install question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently upgraded from a 2014 S85 (pre-AP) to 2016 P90D (AP2). I had previously hardwired my Passport Max into the rearview mirror and would like to do something similar again. I know there have been a zillion similar posts but they are all about dash cams or older videos. Can anyone guide me to a quick video or pics or tutorial to do this? I don't want to screw this up. Thanks!

Reactions: BigTaro
Passing along a rumor...your AP2 sensors broadcast a radar signal. That signal is similar to the signal that LEO use, and will set off radar detectors. So you could end up self-triggering. Also heard that your broadcast will confuse LEO readings.
I am not an expert on radar, but does this mean that a car with AP2 possibly makes police radar inaccurate? I wouldn't want my defence attorney to be aware of that.

Passing along a rumor...your AP2 sensors broadcast a radar signal. That signal is similar to the signal that LEO use, and will set off radar detectors. So you could end up self-triggering. Also heard that your broadcast will confuse LEO readings.
The police and/or FCC would never allow shared frequencies capable of interference. The signals MAY be in the same band (eg., K band), but not on the same frequency. Depending on your radar detector's capabilities, it may or nay not be able to discriminate between the two signals' frequencies and/or signal characteristics.