Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar detector mirror mount and windshield replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi...

Over the winter break I was able to successfully mount a radar detector from the trailer wiring harness up under the pillar, the headliner, and mirror. I then used a BlendMount to mount to the mirror

Unfortunately, about 2 months ago my windshield cracked and I'm about to get a replacement windshield finally.

Do I have to undo all of this wiring and the mount? Or, can I just tell them to be careful with the wire and let them deal with it? Do they even need to take the mirror off to replace the windshield?

Hi...

Over the winter break I was able to successfully mount a radar detector from the trailer wiring harness up under the pillar, the headliner, and mirror. I then used a BlendMount to mount to the mirror

Unfortunately, about 2 months ago my windshield cracked and I'm about to get a replacement windshield finally.

Do I have to undo all of this wiring and the mount? Or, can I just tell them to be careful with the wire and let them deal with it? Do they even need to take the mirror off to replace the windshield?
Interested in your install, how did you wire it up?