TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Radar/ Laser Jammer Install

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by siteexperts, Mar 24, 2015.

1. siteexperts

siteexperts Member

Awhile back I saw a post (unsure if it was on this site or another) that showed a bel radar install with both the display and the buttons integrated into the mirror (most are just the display). Anyone have a reference to that post? I tried searching and have had no luck locating it again.

My car arrives in a few days and I want to try and match that installation. I am hoping for the pictures to show my installer.

Thanks

2. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

It was probably artsci that did that to his car. Odds are pretty high. Check out his threads.

3. siteexperts

siteexperts Member

Found his posts. Not one of his (although his cubby retrofit looks really good)

Thanks.

4. skilly

skilly Member

5. siteexperts

siteexperts Member

Thanks!

I am looking for the pictures of a custom job where they also embedded the radar system (bel stir+) buttons underneath the mirror (similar to a homelink system buttons).

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Check Al and Ed's Stereo on youtube. They have a great video showing the install. Very, very nice work. They are SoCal based. But others must be able to do it. One day, I'll have it done.

7. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

Here is the post you are looking for from @AHJ on the DIY mirror integration (display plus control). There is a nice blank spot behind the factory mirror just begging for this application. This is for 9500CI but could be used for others that fit.
    Installing a Passport 9500ci radar detector / laser diffuser - Page 11

8. siteexperts

siteexperts Member

Thanks!

That was what I was looking for. I am hoping to do a similar install.

9. Amped-Up

Amped-Up Member

What make and model detector did you use and are you happy with them?