Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar sensor seal position?

tezcatcatl

Jan 23, 2021
Netherlands
Hey everyone,
During my repairs, I have realized that my Model S is missing the silicon Radar Sensor Seal / cover.
I have bought it from Tesla and put it on, but I am not sure about its position. I wonder if I put it on upside down.

I would really appreciate if someone with a pre-facelift model S could check for me how their Radar sensor seal looks like.
It's right in the bottom / middle of your front bumper.

Mine looks like this after I installed it:

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-23 at 17.09.31 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-23 at 17.09.31.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

tezcatcatl

Jan 23, 2021
Netherlands
It's upside down.
The top edge of the Radar sensor is not visible which means the top edge of the gasket would not be visible too.
Hmm, I just checked the texts on the seal, made sure the texts are not are not upside down when installed xD
Did you verify this on your car by any chance?
If so, I will turn it around. Thanks a lot!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC