Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radiao issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,
I noticed that when I listen to the music using streaming option on tesla music, some times the music skips or I hear a buzz of some sort, reminds me of how a cd player used to skip or when you drive under a bridge while listening to AM radio and the sound quality goes bad for a second. has any one else noticed this?

I get a static or crackle sound in the drivers side front speaker fairly frequently. I think it is from power line interference or high power CB radios. I have mentioned it to the service center but they clam they cant recreate the sound when they have it. Its not load, if the music is on you cant hear it, so for now I'm just ignoring and enjoying.

hello all,
I noticed that when I listen to the music using streaming option on tesla music, some times the music skips or I hear a buzz of some sort, reminds me of how a cd player used to skip or when you drive under a bridge while listening to AM radio and the sound quality goes bad for a second. has any one else noticed this?

Streaming is cellular data, so it may just be losing the cell signal for a short time or receiving a poor signal with a few errors. This could be low signal strength or interference. It is a digital signal, so none of the old static or distortion. It just goes bad in its own unique ways.

I get a static or crackle sound in the drivers side front speaker fairly frequently. I think it is from power line interference or high power CB radios. I have mentioned it to the service center but they clam they cant recreate the sound when they have it. Its not load, if the music is on you cant hear it, so for now I'm just ignoring and enjoying.

The actual radio (AM/FM) might have some audible static, unlike streaming. Although if you can use the FM HD channels I think they should be static free.