Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio (AM/FM) cuts in and out when first in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted about this a while ago and since many SW upgrades have not fixed it I thought I would try again..

When I first get in the car and it has been left in radio mode(AM/FM Only) the radio sound occasionally cuts from static to sound repeatedly for about 5 seconds then resumes sound. I have asked service a couple time and they have blamed the HD feature (not true), and SW updates (also not true). I got a 2014 loaner at last service and it did the same thing!! Its not a consistent thing and appears randomly, only on entering car, and Only with AM/FM.

Anyone else with this issue and (maybe) a fix?

Same thing happens to me. I always thought it had something to do with HD stations since I pretty much only listen to them. It seems that it is searching for the signal and does the static/silence thing until it shows it has signal (bars) and then sound comes in clear as it should.

Same thing happens to me. I always thought it had something to do with HD stations since I pretty much only listen to them. It seems that it is searching for the signal and does the static/silence thing until it shows it has signal (bars) and then sound comes in clear as it should.

Nope turned off HD and it does the same thing. Urban myth that service centers push out to cover a flaw in the radio module is my bet