Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio autoswitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my SVC recently upgraded my radio/phone to the 4glte connectivity board which fixed some of my problems. One thing That is happening every day, multiple times a day, is my radio will autoswitch stations. I get out of the car listening to something on slacker and when open the drivers door the radio either starts switching or has already switched to a station on siriusxm. Is anyone else having this issue? I am in the shop, again, and it’s one of the many things they’re trying to figure out. It occurs when I’m at home and when I’m away so I know it’s not just confusion between the 4g and my home WiFi. I also reboot my MCU and instrument cluster weekly as well as erasing all data from the trip meters, erase all nav searches, and reset the internet to google.com

Yes, my 2015 70D (with LTE) does this all the time, and its rather annoying. I usually listen to USB, but sometimes Tunein, but I will get back in the car later and it will be on AM, sometimes FM, or sometimes a totally different Tunein station than the one I was listening to. I assumed everyone had this problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Hornedfrog1
Yes, my 2015 70D (with LTE) does this all the time, and its rather annoying. I usually listen to USB, but sometimes Tunein, but I will get back in the car later and it will be on AM, sometimes FM, or sometimes a totally different Tunein station than the one I was listening to. I assumed everyone had this problem.
yes, same observation here (my car came equipped with LTE). I'll occasionally return to my car and find the audio source unexpectedly switched to the radio, or sometimes NO source at all. It seems to a longstanding bug in the media player, lots of reports of this elsewhere on tmc.

• Informative
Reactions: Sawyer8888
The media player and its unpredictable behavior is one of the big irritations of that system causing me not to use it vary much. All the ICE cars I have owned seemed to have radios and media players that worked in predictable fashion. Why Tesla tries to reinvent every wheel is beyond me. It is the sign of you inexperienced programmers. I used to have to pound into my programmers that I was not paying them to reinvent the wheel but to produce an end product my sutlers needed. If there was existing code that would do the job, use it.