Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio changes stations, loses audio and shows wrong info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this problem? When I get back into the car, there is a new station on or there is no audio or it is showing the wrong radio station number. It has been fixed supposedly 3 times by Tesla service. Last time they told me the "fix" was don't use a USB to play music or only go on to Tesla's website no others. WTF??? $100,000. car but the radio doesn't work correctly. :(

Reactions: zambono
Anyone else having this problem? When I get back into the car, there is a new station on or there is no audio or it is showing the wrong radio station number. It has been fixed supposedly 3 times by Tesla service. Last time they told me the "fix" was don't use a USB to play music or only go on to Tesla's website no others. WTF??? $100,000. car but the radio doesn't work correctly. :(

If true, I don't think I would have accepted that answer from the SvC.

I can't speak to the "wrong radio station number", but the other stuff you describe are known issues with the firmware and the audio system. There are many threads on these issues. They're not going to be resolved by your service center.

I can't speak to the "wrong radio station number", but the other stuff you describe are known issues with the firmware and the audio system. There are many threads on these issues. They're not going to be resolved by your service center.

I guess in a way I'm happy others are having the same problem but if they are, why does the service center keep trying to fix it? What a waste of my time and theirs. Any idea when this will be fixed? It has been months. Will they extend our warranties since they can't fix it? You think they work out the bugs in the Model S before they introduce the X and 3.

I guess in a way I'm happy others are having the same problem but if they are, why does the service center keep trying to fix it? What a waste of my time and theirs. Any idea when this will be fixed? It has been months. Will they extend our warranties since they can't fix it? You think they work out the bugs in the Model S before they introduce the X and 3.

The honest answer to the first part is that the service centers are not always on top of what is going on with other customers, and certainly not as in tune with things affecting a lot of people as we may be here. It all goes back to Tesla's shortcomings in communications.

No one has any idea when this will be fixed. It's certainly frustrating. I can't imagine that they will extend our warranties.

It's definitely going be a software rewrite that will fix this. Along with Nav, browser, phone mirroring, etc. My guess is that they will get to it. But who knows when? They certainly are busy enough with the critical car software, which I do understand. But I really wish they would not leave all these partially completed issues hanging out there for so long.

Reactions: Andyw2100