Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio control with scroll wheels…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like a right or left click of the left scroll wheel used to advance the radio station up or down. Now it appears to just advance through my favorite preset radio stations.

Is there a way or setting somewhere to have it advance through all the stations?

Was this behavior changed in an update?

Or is it because I have favorites set and if I remove those will it scan up and down the stations with the scroll wheel right/left clicks?

Software version 2022.16.1.2 on my Model 3 Performance stopped the scroll wheel from toggling through Favorite radio stations.
This broken FM interface feature is unacceptable. It takes the drivers eyes off the road to select a different station.
Total step backward!
We all can submit a bug report via the car mic button and say "bug report" then state the issue.

Software version 2022.16.1.2 on my Model 3 Performance stopped the scroll wheel from toggling through Favorite radio stations.
This broken FM interface feature is unacceptable. It takes the drivers eyes off the road to select a different station.
Total step backward!
We all can submit a bug report via the car mic button and say "bug report" then state the issue.
I Just hit the spotify and deal with it after I parked.

Total step backward!

AFAIK this does not submit a big report to Tesla, it just records a pointer into the log so the service center can look there for data.

There really should be a way to submit bug reports (and of course better software testing).

Total step backward!
Ditto. Over a week later, I am surprised nobody else has commented about this. Maybe not all Teslas had their radio station favorites steering wheel scroll broken with the recent update.

Reactions: RNHurt
I listen mostly to SXM in my 2018 Model X. I have about 8 favorites/presets on SXM and some with FM radio. Until recently, the "next" and "Previous" buttons (above/below the left scroll wheel) would cycle thru the SXM presets in the order they were saved (i.e., moving from channel 20 to 18 to 26 to 25, etc.) and same when in the FM band. This is how the Owner's Manual says these buttons should be working.

Now, the SXMs move numerically by the next station, with no regard for saved favorites/presets (so, from 20 to 21 to 22, etc.). However, they continue to move properly in the FM band. And with Spotify, move to next or previous song in the playlist being listened to.

Now, according to service center (and if you are lucky enough to get a live person on phone), the functionality of these buttons to move between saved favorites/presets has been eliminated, BUT ONLY WITH SXM!! They continue to work fine with FM and Spotify.

Is this just happening to me? Or are others experiencing the same thing? So disillusioned with Tesla now.