Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio Controls always on screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The radio control on the main screen is always visible in the lower left hand corner, is this normal? On the Y you can just swipe it down which removes it completely however on the S it just sits there and I cannot figure out how to remove it. Cannot see the point in having this there all the time as it takes up screen space with useless info when not using the radio. On the Y I keep it hidden always since the volume/mute/skip forward commands are on the left scroll wheel just like the S.

Am I doing something wrong or have I missed something?

I really wish we could hide it and have it stay hidden, but no such luck. I still consider the new interface better than my "legacy" model S where the minimized controls take up a larger % of the screen and show up every time you start a new drive. I wish there was a "media off" option that just hid everything, never popped the interface up when it is unwanted and doesn't automatically start playing audio when you get in the car or end a call. It would be a huge upgrade!