Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio cutting out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New MS owner here. I live in NY and usually have good internet signal (2-3 bars) but my slacker and tunein radios cut out about every 15-20 min for a few seconds (5-15). The internet radio is imo one of the best features of the car. It's pretty frustrating but I don't know if this is "normal" since its internet radio??Taking to SVC soon..any input? Thanks

Tesla's internet uses the AT&T cell service. There are definitely areas in Los Angeles where my signal cuts out too. Every 15-20 minutes sounds about right. About 50% of the time, Tune-in will reconnect, and pick up where it dropped off - it must cache the stream on the internal hard drive. The other 50% of the time it unfortunatley won't come back, and I have to go to another station then back to the original station to get it to reconnect. Murphy's law ensures that the latter happens during the best part of the radio broadcast :rolleyes:.

• Informative
Reactions: Rbcnr
It's super annoying! I upgraded to LTE in an effort to fix this. Zero effect. Then I added a WeBoost cell amplifier because I live in a poor signal area. Some improvement, but not much. I don't have as much of a problem with Slacker as I do with TuneIn. But it still does it.

So after plopping down 900.00 to fix the problem, I basically got nowhere.