Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio Flyer makes a Tesla Model S for kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa. That's awesome, although $500 is Tesla-esque.

My 3 year old is CRAZY about Tesla everything - he has about 10 different Matchbox/Hot Wheels Tesla cars and regularly gives us Tesla Time. :) We'll seriously consider it for him, I think.

Cool. Just a shame they used the girl as the beginner and boy as the advanced. Probably wasn't deliberate but still. A young Leilani wouldn't have allowed that boy to overtake she would be lapping him. :biggrin:

I actually thought $500 was reasonable considering what it includes. After I watched the video I said to my wife, "watch, it will be $1,000".

I also thought the price was actually on the affordable side. Working head lights, swappable and externally chargeable LiIon batteries, an on-board sound system, pretty good quality as far as the vid shows ... 500 bucks is not too much. My 1/8th scale electric RC cars cost that and more, and they are far from competition level quality.

How cool would it be if they made a version for grown-ups, with four of those batteries and a top speed of, say 14mph? That would also solve the problem of people getting around in the huge gigafactory without getting sore feet ...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and please, Radioflyer, offer a version with a slot for an additional battery pack in the frunk so you can double the range.

What are the hp and kWh specs?

.14 kWh or .19 kWh, but I heard the real capacity is somewhere near .11 or .17.

I heard the HP needs an asterisk too.

- - - Updated - - -

Reservation #*******35
Multicoat Red, 190 Wh battery, silver turbine wheels. Oh, and pano roof :biggrin:

We're reservation 71. We went with the deep blue, 190 Wh, and silver wheels too.