Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio Flyer makes a Tesla Model S for kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if anyone noticed the panel gaps on that demo model, but they're atrocious. And it appears there's no AM radio. Unbelievable.

I had been thinking about posting this screen capture

Toy Model S Battery Comparison.jpg

and a comment about how the Radio Flyer marketing people even perfectly mimicked Tesla Marketing's exaggeration of specs. (190 is not 50% greater than 130.) I decided not to because

a) it is possible they are allowing for bricking protection, so while the Premium Battery isn't actually 50% larger, it may offer 50% more playtime, as stated.

and more importantly,

b) I figured there had already been enough jokes like this. :)

I had been thinking about posting this screen capture

View attachment 111517

and a comment about how the Radio Flyer marketing people even perfectly mimicked Tesla Marketing's exaggeration of specs. (190 is not 50% greater than 130.) I decided not to because

a) it is possible they are allowing for bricking protection, so while the Premium Battery isn't actually 50% larger, it may offer 50% more playtime, as stated.

and more importantly,

b) I figured there had already been enough jokes like this. :)

I guess they designed it with removable batteries so that you could swap them out at Harris Ranch! :wink:

Look at competition, better pricing at $395 AUD fully assembled, ready to roll

BMW3.JPG

It is fully electric, already in use for fun rides. Anyone under 30kg can have a ride for $6 only

bmw2.JPG

And it is rolling its happy little vegemites customers. It might motivate me to lose some weight, just to get a ride in one of those cuties

BMW1.JPG

Now..just imagine a whole group of these rolling around at a meet with moms and dads with theirs....
This thread will get magical when they come out....and we get are hands on them
I can see the first Human modified Flyer......wait I got one.....

OK - gotta get one for my son. Oh damn - he's 47 yrs old!! Need to find another reason.

How cool would it be to pull up in your MS and take one of these outta the trunk?

I'm guessing that on the dash display is a full size version of the MS.

$500 sounds 'Tesla - priced'? Obviously you haven't priced an electric kids car. Everyone I showed the video to guessed $2000 and up.

(I'm gonna get one an apply for the $7500 tax credit.)

For the Canadians in the crowd ...

I sent an email to their customer service, inquiring about bringing the toy into Canada. The main concern I had is that it has the proper electrical approvals - either a CSA or C-UL approval is required for any electrical equipment in Canada. Yes, I could easily ship to a US address and sneak it across the border but if caught, then they would confiscate it and I'd be out several hundred dollars. If I declare it, then they could rightfully inspect for a Canadian certification sticker. I prefer to play it safe. Anyway, here's the reply:

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your email and interest in the Radio Flyer Tesla Model S for Kids! We are working hard to make this item available to our Canadian customers and expect to be able to start shipping this summer. Pre orders would begin before this time. The product does not currently contain the requirements you would need to bring it across the border.

As soon as we have more information to share with you, we will reach out to you.

Thanks again!