Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio Oddity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I have experience a slight annoyance related to my radio...

I listen to internet radio all the time and I love it... It works great and there are no issues...

However several times over the last week or so when i fist get into the car the radio has mysteriously changed to FM and annoyingly it is not even on a station so i get loud static until I ether tune in a station or switch back to internet radio.

Anyone else experience this random switching?

thanks

Reactions: markn455
Recently I have experience a slight annoyance related to my radio...

I listen to internet radio all the time and I love it... It works great and there are no issues...

However several times over the last week or so when i fist get into the car the radio has mysteriously changed to FM and annoyingly it is not even on a station so i get loud static until I ether tune in a station or switch back to internet radio.

Anyone else experience this random switching?

thanks

Yup. Same here, but at least its a station on my presets. Weird, I just swap it to one of the stations I usually listen to.

The media player has long had problems remembering the current media source/position when the car resumes from sleep mode.

For a long time, it was possible to workaround that by completely disabling sleep mode (the energy savings in the DISPLAY settings).

Then Tesla decided they wanted to force all cars to enter sleep mode overnight, without any way to override that in the user interface. So now, all cars do a "resume from sleep" at least once each day.

There seems to be a long standing problem with the media player - it doesn't always save the current media source selection or the current song/position. It also sometimes forgets that the media player has been "paused" - so when you return to the car after a resume from sleep, not only has the media source changed, but the media player may be playing music.

This also may happen some time when you exit and then return to the car. I've also noticed this sometimes when disconnecting from a call - even if the media player was "off" before the call, it starts playing when ending a call.

The 8.0 release included media player "improvements", which was a mixed bag of some improvements and some new user interface mis-steps (loss of media source selection from the steering wheel) and new bugs.

The 8.1 release was supposed to provide additional improvements/fixes for the media player, though it doesn't appear the 8.1 releases so far have helped with the media player.

• Helpful
Reactions: Markk993