Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio Randomly On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 90D that we've had for about a month and a half now. Last night I walked outside (without the key) and noticed that the radio was on inside the vehicle. No screens were on, but could hear the radio playing. I used my phone, unlocked the car and confirmed the sound was coming from the X. Closed the door, re locked it and the radio turned off.

Just now one of my employees just came inside and said my "space ship" was listening to talk radio and wanted to know why. Sure enough, again, no screens on, just playing the radio. This time it wasn't even the station I was listening to when I parked it.

Memories of the movie Christine coming up. Anyone else have this? I did a steering wheel buttons reboot this morning after my employee told me about it. Hoping maybe that fixes it.

Well the reboot didn't fix it. Only an hour later I walked back out and found my car rocking out again.... Simply unlocked and locked the door again and the music went off. But its off when I leave it normally, so I'm not sure how long it takes before it gets bored and turns it back on. Too bad we can't listen in to the interior from the app...

it's a bug, I also have it happen at times. normally opening and closing the door lets it figure out it should not be playing anything.

It's almost as if sometimes it's missing the door being closed.

2018 Model X. Same problem. Very annoying. Opening and closing door does not always stop it, either. I would imagine this is using up some battery life.
Same problem for last three months Nov 21 to now. People always telling me my car radio is on or I find it on when I go to leave somewhere. Location independent as it happened for a month in Canada as well as here in Colorado. Tesla has no idea at present. Maybe linked to my also regularly losing Sirius XM subscription for 3-5 days at a time for the last year?