Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio Song Information and Cover Art Not Displaying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my new S85D. I live near Toronto in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

For basic radio stations, there is no song information, artist information, or cover art displaying.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Basic stations like 99.9, 97.3 etc.
This should be displaying, especially since the stations are HD.
I have the latest 6.2 software installed.

I would appreciate help with this.

It's my understanding that you will only receive information if the station broadcasts it. There is a CBS Radio station in D/FW that is HD, then the RDS information disappeared (but it was still there on analog) then the HD disappeared for a while. Now it's all working but sometimes I only see "Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield" and no song data. I guess the station owners really don't care about such things but it's losing them listeners when there is no metadata on top of their crappy playlists. :rolleyes:

I have never owned a car that displayed Album Art from broadcast radio like XM, FM or even HD radio. I do get Album Art from MP3's if embedded.

The album art you are getting from your MP3 has nothing to do with the art being embedded. I think you will find, if you pay close attention, that sometimes the art displayed is different from the art you have saved with the MP3.

The reason is that the Tesla system goes out and searches the net for album art to match the MP3 playing. We have no control over what album art is displayed.

There are many threads on this.

The album art you are getting from your MP3 has nothing to do with the art being embedded. I think you will find, if you pay close attention, that sometimes the art displayed is different from the art you have saved with the MP3.

The reason is that the Tesla system goes out and searches the net for album art to match the MP3 playing. We have no control over what album art is displayed.

There are many threads on this.

OK makes sense now.

I just spoke with service in Toronto. Apparently this feature has never worked!
No RDS (radio data system) for any radio stations are displayed by the Tesla, despite being sent by the radio stations.
So the problem is Tesla, not the radio stations. They have chosen not to support this feature in an attempt to get you to subscribe to internet radio like slacker or tune-in.
Very sad.

The most advanced car in the world can't even display what song is playing, never mind the cover art.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case in the USA or elsewhere?