Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio turns on by itself repeatedly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
rught after putting in D, radio comes on. Any source from AM to streaming to internet to phone. Radio itself has no stop or turn off on screen. Streaming does. But still comes on. Press left scroll wheel and it turns off. Then comes in randomly.

Tesla service had no answer.

When I leave my audio on FM station virtually all times after brake application and shifting to D I get the radio 'seeking' thru three or more stations (presets? who knows) and intermittent static/programming momentary bursts of audio before it settles down to the station I left it on when parking the car.

The many and varied bugs of the MCU and audio system just make me shake my head. This has been a problem for the past 3 FW version I've received, starting with the 17.xxxx versions and still present in 2017.28.c528869 (most recent). -- shakes head ---

Numerous media player bugs were introduced almost a year ago in the 8.0 release.

Tesla quickly fixed one major user interface flaw by restoring the first letter scroll bar for media player lists - but left other user interface mistakes in there, such as losing the XM station slider.

There are also multiple obvious bugs that have yet to be fixed. For those of us who are XM subscribers, the XM radio is almost unusable because of the combination of the lost XM station slider coupled with the inability of the software to load and retain the channel information & station list.

The media player turns on periodically by itself. It loses the currently playing USB song when changing sources. The shuffle mode for USB songs plays songs in the same "random" order every time.

These are all known problems.

Musk mentioned that 8.1 was supposed to contain a number of media player improvements and fixes - originally expected to be released in December. But it's taken them much longer to get the AP2 software up to AP1 capabilities - so it looks like everything that was non-AP (and non-Model 3) has slipped. And even though we saw 8.1 released a few months ago, it didn't contain the media player fixes, or the promised kernel update & improved browser.

Surely Tesla will fix these problems - and all we can do is continue to report the issues - and be patient for them to get the software released.

• Love
Reactions: neroden