Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radios lowers it self

Aflexas

Jul 15, 2021
Miami
Good morning a newbie here. I have a 2021 model Y long-range, I've noticed that when I'm streaming Bluetooth audio from Spotify to the car and I'm approaching the higher levels that the car will lower the volume by itself. I feel like I'm fighting with the car to raise the volume and it'll continue to lower it. In addition, I've noticed a few times it'll make like a tapping sound and I feel like the amplifier disconnects losing power maybe for a couple of milliseconds and then back to normal.

Last night I restored it to original settings hoping that it would do something but I'm still seeing the same issues.

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
Chexk the equalizer settings? If you have anything over zero, you are using reducing the max available power i think. Someone else explained it better in another post. Use the EQ but lower the frequencies you want less of instead of boosting the others

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie

wraithfive

Oct 29, 2020
TN
Check your phone settings too. iOS at least has settings to automatically lower volume to protect your hearing that can be disabled. Don't know about android.

Also, does this occur using the built in spotify on the car instead of bluetooth? Does it happen when streaming from other apps over bluetooth?

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
Chexk the equalizer settings? If you have anything over zero, you are using reducing the max available power i think. Someone else explained it better in another post. Use the EQ but lower the frequencies you want less of instead of boosting the others
Never thought of that. I'm going to check it out this afternoon.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC