Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radios lowers it self

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning a newbie here. I have a 2021 model Y long-range, I've noticed that when I'm streaming Bluetooth audio from Spotify to the car and I'm approaching the higher levels that the car will lower the volume by itself. I feel like I'm fighting with the car to raise the volume and it'll continue to lower it. In addition, I've noticed a few times it'll make like a tapping sound and I feel like the amplifier disconnects losing power maybe for a couple of milliseconds and then back to normal.

Last night I restored it to original settings hoping that it would do something but I'm still seeing the same issues.

Check your phone settings too. iOS at least has settings to automatically lower volume to protect your hearing that can be disabled. Don't know about android.

Also, does this occur using the built in spotify on the car instead of bluetooth? Does it happen when streaming from other apps over bluetooth?

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Anyone else having this issue?
When freeway driving, and audio is scrolled up from volume click 23 to click 28 (appx numbers out of about 30 clicks from lowest to highest volume), system reverts to 23 within a few seconds—over and over again. Impossible to set, and keep, at 24, or 25, or 27, or 27, or 28. Behavior persistent and repeatable across multiple version upgrades; same yesterday 3/7/22 as video from 2/8/20:

Can’t be the iOS settings, because I can operate the volume at 29 or 30—way too loud—without iOS “protecting” me.
I’ll double-check my Equalizer settings but I’ve never messed with them.

Wow, click 23-28? I don't even go past 15-16 it's loud enough for me.. 😀 unless you folks have your iPhone's volume itself way down low. When pairing a phone to another BT speaker/system I make sure the iPhone volume is 2 clicks down from max and then adjust the BT speaker volume accordingly.

Anyways - I don't have the volume reverting problem but I do notice since v11 that there is speed compensation volume which automatically ducks the volume when you come to a stop and then nudges it back higher with acceleration. The actual volume "clicks" don't change. It's very annoying and I'd wish they'd allow at least an option to disable it.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
Anyways - I don't have the volume reverting problem but I do notice since v11 that there is speed compensation volume which automatically ducks the volume when you come to a stop and then nudges it back higher with acceleration. The actual volume "clicks" don't change. It's very annoying and I'd wish they'd allow at least an option to disable it.
I'm the opposite. I wanted the speed variable volume and v11 has only a mild effect. I wish it's stronger, or better yet, adjustable.

Reactions: CapsEngineer