Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rafael de Mestre talk at AEVA in Sydney April 7th!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I propose that we meet at Trackside for Lunch at 12:00 on Sunday April 19. @TesAus do we need to book?

Hello together,

I'm in Autralia to present the around the world race with a Tesla Roadster 2012 and with a Model S on 2016!
Maybe you heared about the 80edays.com race.

Everyone who is interested is welcome to join :)
Location Sydney April 7th on 7:30 p.m.: https://www.facebook.com/events/1586006575018188/

See you soon!
Rafael

I recall following Rafael at the time on his amazing adventure around the world in a Tesla Roadster so would love to come along.
Unfortunately I'm a definite maybe as it will depend if I can get away from work a bit early to make it in time.

So I was able to make it to the AEVA Meeting last night, there was an interesting mix of EV’s present from converted van and other small cars to a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and 2 Model S if you count mine. The other Model S owner was from Wangaratta having travelled all that way without any type of mobile connector. He didn’t count on it being uphill to Canberra and Tesla had to arrange a tow for the last bit, so we discussed strategies for the return journey.
If I understand the aims and interests of the Sydney Chapter I think they consist of a group of enthusiasts interested in converting, ICE vehicles and bikes and in some cases racing them.
But I was mainly there to see Rafael de Mestre present his amazing story of his round the world trip in 2012in his Roadster. Can you imagine just getting in your car, any car, and setting off on such a trip without any preparation. He is a very brave and passionate person and his adventure was an incredible achievement. We were lucky that he was in Australia to visit his uncle an looks set to return.
He was also there to promote his next big big project called ‘80edays’ a reenactment of Rafael’s 2012 trip but this time he hopes to have a series of Teams competing to race around the world. You can find out more at Electric Vehicle Challenge in 80 days - Home if you don't think you have the means to compete in the race itself you can still like his Facebook page follow him in Twitter and subscribe to his YouTube channel.

So I was able to make it to the AEVA Meeting last night, there was an interesting mix of EV’s present from converted van and other small cars to a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and 2 Model S if you count mine. The other Model S owner was from Wangaratta having travelled all that way without any type of mobile connector. He didn’t count on it being uphill to Canberra and Tesla had to arrange a tow for the last bit, so we discussed strategies for the return journey.
If I understand the aims and interests of the Sydney Chapter I think they consist of a group of enthusiasts interested in converting, ICE vehicles and bikes and in some cases racing them.
But I was mainly there to see Rafael de Mestre present his amazing story of his round the world trip in 2012in his Roadster. Can you imagine just getting in your car, any car, and setting off on such a trip without any preparation. He is a very brave and passionate person and his adventure was an incredible achievement. We were lucky that he was in Australia to visit his uncle an looks set to return.
He was also there to promote his next big big project called ‘80edays’ a reenactment of Rafael’s 2012 trip but this time he hopes to have a series of Teams competing to race around the world. You can find out more at Electric Vehicle Challenge in 80 days - Home if you don't think you have the means to compete in the race itself you can still like his Facebook page follow him in Twitter and subscribe to his YouTube channel.
Is the Wangaratta owner on this forum? He's going to be my near neighbour

Dear all, good news!
I am driving again around the world with the same Tesla Roadster! This will be my third time driving electric after 2012 with the Tesla Roadster, 2016 with the Tesla Model S and now again with the Tesla Roadster! I will be in Austalia on my birthday and I would like to celebrate it together with you Tesla fans on Februrary 1st or on the following weekend. The Roadster drove already 10.000 km through US and I am planning to continue in China as soon as the ship arrives in Yantian. The Roadster is in Seattle at this moment, you can track it live under 80edays tracking and expected to arrive in China February 19th. As soon as the car arrives I will take a cheap Scoot flight to jump there and to continue the trip. I could also show the official 1 hour movie, which is not available online. More information under #80edays on the website, social media and youtube.
Looking forward to see you soon
Rafael