TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rage at a Supercharger Station

Discussion in 'Model S' started by raijin, Mar 29, 2016.

1. raijin

raijin Member

First time I saw two ladies go at it at a supercharger station in San Diego. Pretty packed day with a line of people waiting for their Model S/X to be charged.

An Indian lady waiting very patiently in line until an Asian lady finds a spot and zooms in to take it. Indian lady is furious and tells her that there is a line. Asian lady says if I didn't see you then you didn't see me and says there is no dedicated waiting line. Asian lady says she doesn't give a *sugar*.

Indian lady gets even more furious and tries blocking/hitting the other woman's car. Group of people started to join in the argument. One side says there is a line while the other says you can either wait on one side of the stall or the other.

Before it escalated even further, luckily a handful of owners have finished their respective charges and gave up their spots just in time.

This could've got ugly.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  2. asudan

asudan Member

No video of this?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

4. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

God I would've loved to see two Model S owners go all Jerry Springer on each other.

• Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

This is not cool. Really not what we want to see as Tesla owners/enthusiasts.

• Like x 7
    • Dislike x 2
  6. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Oh really - give me the thumbs down? I give you the double thumbs down! I double dog dare you to triple thumbs down me. :glares menacingly at MikeC while waggling eyebrows up and down:

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 4.42.03 PM.png

• Funny x 8
    • Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. SigS905

SigS905 Sig S 905 + X 5

They have a concierge at the Fountain Valley SuperCharger for just this reason. That way one person is in charge of the order of charging.

8. sray

sray Member

Reminds me of the saying: "Just 'cause they got money, it don't mean they got class."

• Like x 17
  9. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

And they usually do at SJC as well, which is why I'm waiting to hear if this is real or imagined by "New Member"

• Like x 2
  10. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

The real question is whether one or both of them were locals... :)

• Funny x 6
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. ElectricTundra

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

So many people suffer from poor communications skills, likely learned from their parents. What happened to civility, compromise, and genuine concern for others? I am ashamed.......

• Like x 4
  13. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Nothing personal, buddy. I just remember how tight-knit the community was a few years ago and don't like to hear about people on the same side of the EV revolution fighting against each other. Plus it's fuel for shorts who are just looking for FUD to spread.

• Like x 2
  14. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

There for a moment I thought you were describing a Trump rally. :)

(Those not from the US who do not understand the above should feel lucky...)

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
  15. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

this so needed a video :)

16. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

I don't like to play the "oh yeah, well in the ICE world things are even worse!" but I will.

A few months ago I was at a local Chevron station (that's a gas station, for those who haven't been around ICEs lately) to fill my VW's tank and all of the pumps were in use except one. I pulled up to it only to hear some guy start screaming at me that I stole his spot as I started pumping gas. It turns out that he was turning his car around to back up to the pump and I didn't see him (he was a good 50 feet away from the pump and it was raining).

Since I was already filling my tank I told the guy I didn't see him, but my gas tank is small and I'd be done in a minute or two. He totally flipped out and started to threaten me. I was sort of bent over at the time and behind my car, and I guess he didn't see much more than my head when he started yelling.

I stood up straight and walked over to his car and he realized that I was bigger than he expected. I politely told him to calm down and he promptly peeled out and left the station.

The point is that this stuff is probably going to happen a lot more, and it's just something that happens with refueling a vehicle, whether the fuel is gas, diesel, electricity or apricots. It's a shame that people feel no need to be civil these days, but cooler heads usually do prevail.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. raijin

raijin Member

The one in Sorrento Valley.

And yes I should've taken video. I'll remember next time if there are more civil unrest at the charging stations

18. Tjhappel

Tjhappel Member

So cal has a huge issue with lack of charging stations during peak times. They are basically just starting to ramp sales of the model x and it's just gonna get worse. San Diego could use 3-5 chargers and Orange County could handle about 10. Hope tesla is paying attention, it really sours people to A-wait for a charger than B-get into a fight over it. Especially when you have no option, like apartment dwellers. I think waiting 30 minutes for a charge is bad enough, waiting 20-40 minutes to start charging is real bad.

19. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

A fellow Model S owner honked at me today because he felt that I didn't have the right of way at an intersection. It's only a matter of time before our honeymoon phase ends. The Tesla community is becoming mainstream ... and you know what is in the mainstream population right? Regular people.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 2
  20. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

This article from "The Onion" seems apropos:

Scientists Slowly Reintroducing Small Group Of Normal, Well-Adjusted Humans Into Society

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 3