Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rage at a Supercharger Station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time I saw two ladies go at it at a supercharger station in San Diego. Pretty packed day with a line of people waiting for their Model S/X to be charged.

An Indian lady waiting very patiently in line until an Asian lady finds a spot and zooms in to take it. Indian lady is furious and tells her that there is a line. Asian lady says if I didn't see you then you didn't see me and says there is no dedicated waiting line. Asian lady says she doesn't give a *sugar*.

Indian lady gets even more furious and tries blocking/hitting the other woman's car. Group of people started to join in the argument. One side says there is a line while the other says you can either wait on one side of the stall or the other.

Before it escalated even further, luckily a handful of owners have finished their respective charges and gave up their spots just in time.

This could've got ugly.

This is not cool. Really not what we want to see as Tesla owners/enthusiasts.

Oh really - give me the thumbs down? I give you the double thumbs down! I double dog dare you to triple thumbs down me. :glares menacingly at MikeC while waggling eyebrows up and down:

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 4.42.03 PM.png

Oh really - give me the thumbs down? I give you the double thumbs down! I double dog dare you to triple thumbs down me. :glares menacingly at MikeC while waggling eyebrows up and down:

View attachment 169134

Nothing personal, buddy. I just remember how tight-knit the community was a few years ago and don't like to hear about people on the same side of the EV revolution fighting against each other. Plus it's fuel for shorts who are just looking for FUD to spread.

Reactions: Xenius and Jaff
I don't like to play the "oh yeah, well in the ICE world things are even worse!" but I will.

A few months ago I was at a local Chevron station (that's a gas station, for those who haven't been around ICEs lately) to fill my VW's tank and all of the pumps were in use except one. I pulled up to it only to hear some guy start screaming at me that I stole his spot as I started pumping gas. It turns out that he was turning his car around to back up to the pump and I didn't see him (he was a good 50 feet away from the pump and it was raining).

Since I was already filling my tank I told the guy I didn't see him, but my gas tank is small and I'd be done in a minute or two. He totally flipped out and started to threaten me. I was sort of bent over at the time and behind my car, and I guess he didn't see much more than my head when he started yelling.

I stood up straight and walked over to his car and he realized that I was bigger than he expected. I politely told him to calm down and he promptly peeled out and left the station.

The point is that this stuff is probably going to happen a lot more, and it's just something that happens with refueling a vehicle, whether the fuel is gas, diesel, electricity or apricots. It's a shame that people feel no need to be civil these days, but cooler heads usually do prevail.

So cal has a huge issue with lack of charging stations during peak times. They are basically just starting to ramp sales of the model x and it's just gonna get worse. San Diego could use 3-5 chargers and Orange County could handle about 10. Hope tesla is paying attention, it really sours people to A-wait for a charger than B-get into a fight over it. Especially when you have no option, like apartment dwellers. I think waiting 30 minutes for a charge is bad enough, waiting 20-40 minutes to start charging is real bad.