Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Railroad Tracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious how autonomous vehicles will deal with rail road track crossings without arms? I had watched a news program about rail road crossing safety and the next day I realized trees were obscuring the lights for a track I cross every day. I had not seen a train here at this time of days for years. A few days later there was a train I think that. News show saved my life. My question is how will autonomous cars deal with trains?

I am curious how autonomous vehicles will deal with rail road track crossings without arms? I had watched a news program about rail road crossing safety and the next day I realized trees were obscuring the lights for a track I cross every day. I had not seen a train here at this time of days for years. A few days later there was a train I think that. News show saved my life. My question is how will autonomous cars deal with trains?
at this point in time the tesla AP system would not deal well with train crossings, you'd need to take control to avoid a collision.