Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain and/or Snow eXperiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soliciting feedback from X owners on their rain and/or snow experiences, both positive and negative, with respect to how the Falcon Wing Doors performed in adverse weather conditions.

Your comments are appreciated!

Bonnie (VIN 0002) described to us how she appreciated the rain protection offered by the FWD as she loaded groceries into the second row.

I saw that. There's also a Facebook group post about another owner with a different experience with rain. I'm hopeful of getting information about how the doors handle snow (we have a lot of it right now in eastern WA).

I saw that. There's also a Facebook group post about another owner with a different experience with rain. I'm hopeful of getting information about how the doors handle snow (we have a lot of it right now in eastern WA).
I saw that posting on FaceBook and have my doubts. I remember specifically looking for drainage channels at the reveal and they definitely exist.

So far on ice and snow the Model X has performed exceptionally well... I felt more comfortable on icy roads than with my GMC Yukon. There were a few spots around work where others mentioned having trouble with the morning road ice, and I didn't even notice it with the Model X. Although, we've only had a couple of snow storms to try it out with. Sub-zero package was worth it.

P1000038.jpg

Calthorn, Do the sensors beep if the doors/Front/Back is snow covered? How about FWD, if there is snow/Frost accumulated on them,Do they sense obstruction?? My Mercedes does all the funky beeps, and false blind spot alarms and obstruction alarms if the front/back are snow covered. thanks for your pictures and photos.Beautiful X.

So far on ice and snow the Model X has performed exceptionally well... I felt more comfortable on icy roads than with my GMC Yukon. There were a few spots around work where others mentioned having trouble with the morning road ice, and I didn't even notice it with the Model X. Although, we've only had a couple of snow storms to try it out with. Sub-zero package was worth it.

View attachment 107060

You mention the sub-zero package was worth it. Some Model S owners complain that the seats do not heat up all that well with the next gen seats which are pretty much the same shape as the Model X seats. How have the seat heaters worked for you? Have you tried keeping the cabin a little cooler while running the seats warmer for increased range?

You mention the sub-zero package was worth it. Some Model S owners complain that the seats do not heat up all that well with the next gen seats which are pretty much the same shape as the Model X seats. How have the seat heaters worked for you? Have you tried keeping the cabin a little cooler while running the seats warmer for increased range?

The family and I just took an extended road trip and the front seat heaters seemed to work quite well. We do have the subzero package. My son was in the 3rd row and as a test I turned on the seat heater to 1 with out informing him and with in about 20 seconds he asked me to turn it off.

- - - Updated - - -

I took the car to a self car wash today and just after I finished washing the car I opened the Falcon wing doors and didn't notice any water dripping into the cabin.

The family and I just took an extended road trip and the front seat heaters seemed to work quite well. We do have the subzero package. My son was in the 3rd row and as a test I turned on the seat heater to 1 with out informing him and with in about 20 seconds he asked me to turn it off.

- - - Updated - - -

I took the car to a self car wash today and just after I finished washing the car I opened the Falcon wing doors and didn't notice any water dripping into the cabin.

Thank you so much. It's a big relief to hear the good news.

So are the seat heaters too hot or does your son just dislike them?

So are the seat heaters too hot or does your son just dislike them?

I'm curious too why Blurry_Eyed son dislikes them. The few times I had the opportunity to try heated seats, it always gave me a very nauseous feeling. I don't know if I can describe it, but it's very unsettling and makes me feel like something is wrong with me.

I wonder if anyone else has felt this and if so, does it eventually go away?

I suspect that these complaints from Model S drivers have something to do with body size of the driver. I'm of medium build (5' 7") and can't stand the cold (grew up on a tropical island). Anyway, I find the next gen seats to be fantastic when it comes to heat. In fact, I only ever use 1 or 2 on the heat setting on a very cold day like today (18F outside) and I find 3 to be uncomfortably hot. I was out on a 300 mile drive yesterday in the below freezing cold and I had no trouble with the heated seats (kept it on 1 the entire time with cabin set to 74).

I suspect that those who complain about lack of heating are much larger than I am and their body is in touch with the extremities of the seat which may not be heated.

I've owned a number of luxury cars (BMWs, Audis, Porsches) and I don't notice anything lacking from the next gen seats (except extended calf support and massage options). The lack of air cooling is unfortunate in this price category but not a noticeable issue. I have tan seats and the car pre-cools before I get in, in the summer, and I don't recall missing the feature once.

I suspect that these complaints from Model S drivers have something to do with body size of the driver. I'm of medium build (5' 7") and can't stand the cold (grew up on a tropical island). Anyway, I find the next gen seats to be fantastic when it comes to heat. In fact, I only ever use 1 or 2 on the heat setting on a very cold day like today (18F outside) and I find 3 to be uncomfortably hot. I was out on a 300 mile drive yesterday in the below freezing cold and I had no trouble with the heated seats (kept it on 1 the entire time with cabin set to 74).

I suspect that those who complain about lack of heating are much larger than I am and their body is in touch with the extremities of the seat which may not be heated.

I've owned a number of luxury cars (BMWs, Audis, Porsches) and I don't notice anything lacking from the next gen seats (except extended calf support and massage options). The lack of air cooling is unfortunate in this price category but not a noticeable issue. I have tan seats and the car pre-cools before I get in, in the summer, and I don't recall missing the feature once.

i suspect it has more to do with different people being different, (ie. some like the thermostat at 19, some at 24), than different BMI's!