Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain and trunk

Gynob001

Closed
Aug 1, 2013
Orlando
After a heavy rain, when I opened the rear trunk, water came pouring=in from the opened lid. Is it common or do I have a "leak" somewhere/ Anyone else had experienced similar things after a downpour?

DBM

Jun 19, 2015
HI
I had the same issue.
Took it in and the service center found that the seals forboth taillights were the culprit. Theyreplaced both taillights and the back applique and everything has been good sofar.

yo mama

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2015
san jose, CA
After a heavy rain, when I opened the rear trunk, water came pouring=in from the opened lid. Is it common or do I have a "leak" somewhere/ Anyone else had experienced similar things after a downpour?
I'll let you know, assuming California ever gets rain again.

CTShore

Jul 9, 2015
Westbrook, CT
I get water in the tail lights every time I wash the car.
image.jpg
Have it on the list for service this week. Seems to be a known problem.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC