Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain detection when parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wish Tesla would implement a feature similar to cabin overheat protection but for rain. When rain is detected while parked, it would automatically close the windows if left open.

I made a Python program running on a RasberryPie and leveraging rain detection of my weather station but that only works close to my home. Implemented internally, it would work everywhere.

You would think this would be very easy. They have it while driving with rain sensing wipers, and they have the front camera on while parked with Sentry with AI already looking for people. Just combine the two.
However, with my experience with the rain sensing wipers, I certainly wouldn't want to rely on that logic to keep my interior dry. I just don't worry about venting the windows (or even cabin overheat) anymore. I live in FL and the interior gets to 160 pretty easily. I left them open in my driveway one morning coming back from the gym and my sprinklers went off. Just not worth it. My car cools from 160 to 73 pretty quickly so I just let the car auto-close them when I leave.

Reactions: Kimmi