Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain Guard for Model 3 Windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drupe14

2021 Model 3 Performance
Sep 25, 2018
washington DC
I tried those $90 ones on amazon from xipoo or something like that and they were f'in garbage. They were just white plastic spray painted a gloss black with splotches of black paint overspray on the underneath side where you would see it through the windows all the time. I returned those immediately. Ended up getting the JSP ones on amazon for like $55. They are a smoked clear plastic like every other one I have installed on several cars over the years. They look as good as something like this can look on the car. The problem with the way the windows work on these cars is that you can't really get a guard that goes down far enough. I can open the front windows down about the width of a finger 3/4 of an inch or so and if I put a hose on the roof and let water run over the window guards on a level surface then it will keep the water out 99 percent. The back windows the guard tapers up towards the rear so you really can't open the rears much at all with rain.

Now driving down the road you may be able to open the windows more and not get much rain in. I still like them and will keep them on my car. They just aren't the ones where you could roll down the windows a couple inches and still be dry when it's raining.

Also with the jsp ones I bought, there is a prominent raised portion where it says Model 3. And it may even have JSP on it. I don't like it but I don't really notice it much now

Reactions: drupe14
YMMV - I have the black Xipoo ones from Amazon, and they work fine for me. They aren't painted - they're the standard black plastic type. Only complaint I have is that the adhesive tape they use isn't of the best quality, so I had to supplement it with my own. Given the way the M3 doors open (with the glass retraction), they're not as effective as ones I have on my past ICE vehicles - so I agree with CaptainKrunch on that aspect. But, they work well enough for me - and I like the look. Here's the link, if you're interested:

YMMV - I have the black Xipoo ones from Amazon, and they work fine for me. They aren't painted - they're the standard black plastic type. Only complaint I have is that the adhesive tape they use isn't of the best quality, so I had to supplement it with my own. Given the way the M3 doors open (with the glass retraction), they're not as effective as ones I have on my past ICE vehicles - so I agree with CaptainKrunch on that aspect. But, they work well enough for me - and I like the look. Here's the link, if you're interested:

My poor review of these is in the reviews for this exact listing. I have a few pics in there also that shows what they sent me. Maybe they changed the way they made these.
Glad they are working for you

YMMV - I'm a guy who likes to drive around with the window open an inch or so and it rains a lot here. What seems to work for me is to roll your window down and run your finger along the edge where the drop rail would be (do this when it's wet). For some reason, that seems to stop 95% of the rain coming in my window... It's cheap too