Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain water run-off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if I've posted in the wrong area. I love my P3D that I've had since March. Just took it on its first long trip and no issues, just fun driving. The one thing that seems to need improvement (aside from auto pilot) is rain water management. The Model 3 doesn't clear rain water run-off very well. If you open the trunk during rain, expect to get a bunch of water dumped in the trunk from the sides and the lid. Rain water also seems to jump the gap between the rear window and the trunk compartment where water is supposed to be routed. And I learned that if you have the driver's side window open and the windshield wiper on (or on auto), the water will wrap around the pillar and run inside the door. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

No. No one drives their Teslas in the rain, so I have been told. :) Check out RPMTesla.com They had a rain deflector for the trunk. Most modern cars are built with what we called drip rail mouldings. It directed rain towards the front and back.

One thing my Tesla technician pointed out to me is that it is common for the factory to install the trunk gasket the wrong way, giving you about half an inch LESS clearance between the bottom of the rear glass and the gasket. One day if I am motivated, I might change that seal around myself, but I really don't care that much about a little water.

• Informative
Reactions: Akikiki