Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain-X windshield, windows, and cameras. You will thank me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not bad wipers, Tesla already replaced them and took a buffer to the windshield. I have also tried RainX with no luck. I was told that it is the laminate in the windshield so why it hasn't been replaced is pretty lame. I guess the next step is a demand letter. It's pretty sad that people have to go through this to fix a clear defect.

I have this weird smear on my windshield, it's pretty wide and it's right in the line of site.

I have already had my X in for Tesla to look at it once but they said that there is no fix. It's going in again at the end of Jan. Oregon lemon law is that they have 3 attempts to fix an issue, if not then I have the right to sue, which I do not want to do. I love this X.

I had the exact same issue and went away when the SC replaced my wipers. Maybe that will help to?

Its not bad wipers, Tesla already replaced them and took a buffer to the windshield. I have also tried RainX with no luck. I was told that it is the laminate in the windshield so why it hasn't been replaced is pretty lame. I guess the next step is a demand letter. It's pretty sad that people have to go through this to fix a clear defect.
Still, it has the appearance of defective wipers. Another related issue that could be a cause is if the windshield has a shape defect in that location. If, for instance, that portion of the windshield was depressed compared to the surrounding glass (even if only a fraction of a millimeter), the wipers would have difficulty making contact over that portion. If you clean enough to get a decent reflection off of it and then look across the windshield at reflections in the glass you might see a distortion over the region if the glass isn't a smooth curve. It would be especially visible with something geometric in the reflection and also as you move your head back and forth. Does that turn up anything?

My blue Model S I am trading in next week has CQuartz Finest and the water beads off the windshield and car like Rain-X is applied. Car is much cleaner going through touchless car washes and dirt is easier to remove when handwashing too. Money well spent. With the X's big windshield, I am definitely getting CQuartz Finest applied right after delivery.

The smear on the windshield is pretty much my biggest complaint. It's a little better after having my Detailer put something on the windshield but If this problem can't be fixed, I'm not sure I'll be able to drive it . I live in south Florida and it rains a lot. I haven't replaced my wipers yet since I got it in June. I have other issues but this is probably the worst and dangerous.

Just took this pic

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 161
Just took this pic
Looks like the same kinda stuff I have on the windshield. New wiper helped but when the rain got heavier it gets worse. See pic on first page. Do you have that coating-leak kinda thing when you just put plain water on the windshield and wipe it out with a sponge (after cleaning the windshield)? What else did SC do?

Just took this pic

Hi Crackem, that's exactly what I had and when they changed my wipers it improved massively. Lately I started getting the streak almost at eye level again, and the wiper starting kind of scratching the windshield and squeaking. I complained about it and they changed my wipers yet again and it all looks fine now. The scratches where not so apparently but just sediment left behind by the wipers so they buffed the glass at the SC and it all looks great now. I hope this helps.

Reactions: Crackem