Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raised ecohitch and cargo basket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gotten a lot of use from my ecohitch with a bike rack, but a big problem has always been the height. The ecohitch sticks out too far and sits too low to the ground. I can't get out of my driveway.

Check out my new customized ecohitch receiver and cargo basket!

https://goo.gl/photos/GYhrPdgLdqszUpFN8
Nice work. I haven't had any problems with my Ecohitch. I have pulled a HF trailer and connected a bike rack

Reactions: Morristhecat
Nice work. I haven't had any problems with my Ecohitch. I have pulled a HF trailer and connected a bike rack

The existing hitch isn't low to tow trailer? I don't suppose you could provide a picture.

There are some intersections near my house I couldn't driver through with just the ecohitch receiver. I would drag my butt through every time. I could, in theory, leave my new receiver installed full-time now (not that I would).

The existing hitch isn't low to tow trailer? I don't suppose you could provide a picture.

There are some intersections near my house I couldn't driver through with just the ecohitch receiver. I would drag my butt through every time. I could, in theory, leave my new receiver installed full-time now (not that I would).
Did you make this yourself or have it made for you?

I got the pieces, did the cutting, and tacked it together. I had a guy around the corner burn it because I can't weld such thick metal.

I was going to grind down the welds to smoothen it for powder coating, but I might redo this. I could still use more clearance.

Making another one is lower-priority because this one mostly works.