Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raised Suspension not sticking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was taking the kids through one of those christmas lights drive through shows and it reminded me of the time i took the Refresh Model S to teh drive in movies. I set the suspension to HIGH (or very HIGH), to lift the car as it was really rough and bumpy in the parking lot.

Oddly, i never exceeded the max speed for the height but it keeps dropping back down to medium. As a result it gets really close to scraping the front bumper. Am i doign somethign wrong? I never exceeded 5km/h on HIGH< yet it will keep dropping back to default.

The ride height reset to medium/standard after 100 ft/30 meters. It is a two step process to engage the option to keep until XX speed is reached,
1) select ride height High or Very High
2) touch "Keep" to enable ride height until XX speed is reached

from manual:
You can manually adjust the ride height by pressing the brake pedal touching Controls > Suspension on the touchscreen. The ride height settings that are available depend on your driving speed and other conditions (for example, the suspension does not lower if a door is open). Drag the slider to choose from these options:

• Very High - When set to Very High, the suspension automatically lowers to the default ride height* (Medium or Low) after driving approximately 100 feet (30 meters) or when driving speed reaches 15 mph (24 km/h). To maintain the Very High setting for an unlimited distance until your driving speed reaches the speed threshold, touch Keep until 15 mph.
  • High - When set to High, the suspension automatically lowers to the default ride height* (Medium or Low) after driving approximately 100 feet (30 meters) or when driving speed reaches 35 mph (56 km/h). To maintain the High setting for an unlimited distance until your driving speed reaches the speed threshold, touch Keep until 35 mph.

Attachments

• Tesla Ride Height.jpg
    Tesla Ride Height.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 125
The ride height reset to medium/standard after 100 ft/30 meters. It is a two step process to engage the option to keep until XX speed is reached,
1) select ride height High or Very High
2) touch "Keep" to enable ride height until XX speed is reached

from manual:
You can manually adjust the ride height by pressing the brake pedal touching Controls > Suspension on the touchscreen. The ride height settings that are available depend on your driving speed and other conditions (for example, the suspension does not lower if a door is open). Drag the slider to choose from these options:

• Very High - When set to Very High, the suspension automatically lowers to the default ride height* (Medium or Low) after driving approximately 100 feet (30 meters) or when driving speed reaches 15 mph (24 km/h). To maintain the Very High setting for an unlimited distance until your driving speed reaches the speed threshold, touch Keep until 15 mph.
  • High - When set to High, the suspension automatically lowers to the default ride height* (Medium or Low) after driving approximately 100 feet (30 meters) or when driving speed reaches 35 mph (56 km/h). To maintain the High setting for an unlimited distance until your driving speed reaches the speed threshold, touch Keep until 35 mph.
OMG.. so you just had to press KEEP!! So i will give that a shot and see, but i didnt even know the KEEP was a button!.. Huge help!

Reactions: Bitjockey