Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raising Ms Suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have an unfortunate situation where I have a Model S without adaptive suspension, and I just bought a house with a poorly designed driveway that makes it impossible to clear certain parts of it without some minor scraping on the bottom of the car.

I've had a loaner car for a few days while my car was in the SC getting some repairs (some related to this scraping...) and my loaner MS had the ability to set the suspension to high/very high.

Well, what do you know...it was able to clear the driveway no problem -_- This is especially frustrating because when I was shopping for my car earlier this year, I was looking at some models with the adaptive suspension but I did not prioritize that feature because I figured I'd never use it. Now I'm stuck in a situation where I pretty desperately need it to avoid damaging my car.

Are there aftermarket ways to raise the suspension of a Model S? What affect does a raised suspension have on handling/efficiency/etc?

Adjustable air suspension is the perfect solution for your issue, however it will be less expensive to sell your car and buy another used one with air suspension, than to retrofit your existing car :(

The air suspension will geo- locate areas where you routinely set it high, and automatically do it for you when you it comes back to that spot.

Adjustable air suspension is the perfect solution for your issue, however it will be less expensive to sell your car and buy another used one with air suspension, than to retrofit your existing car :(

The air suspension will geo- locate areas where you routinely set it high, and automatically do it for you when you it comes back to that spot.

:( I would be so bummed to have to switch cars just because of how much time/energy it takes. I bought a BMW i3 about 1.5 years ago and then sold it and bought this Model S about 6 months ago. I'm going to feel like a crazy person if I sell/buy another car in that short of a time frame. What kind of rates does Tesla even offer on trade ins anyway? Decent? Bad? Tragic?

:( I would be so bummed to have to switch cars just because of how much time/energy it takes. I bought a BMW i3 about 1.5 years ago and then sold it and bought this Model S about 6 months ago. I'm going to feel like a crazy person if I sell/buy another car in that short of a time frame. What kind of rates does Tesla even offer on trade ins anyway? Decent? Bad? Tragic?

Tragic. You would be better off looking into fixing your driveway.