Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raising the suspension of a Model S (on coils, not SAS)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carl

Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2013
Belgium
My MS, on coils, is scraping garage exits weekly or so. I told myself it was a temporary problem as I would get an M3 instead, but now I see the M3 has only 0.5 cm more ground clearance (14 cm vs. 13.5 cm) - it does have a 10 cm smaller wheelbase, but I still doubt that would do the trick. So am sticking with my MS as long as M3 doesn't come with air suspension as an option.

In the meanwhile, I need to get a better clearance with my MS. Anyone have experience with this, e.g. with spacers such as these : SPACCER suspension lift kit - for all makes and models - SPACCER, or with aftermarket coils?

My MS, on coils, is scraping garage exits weekly or so. I told myself it was a temporary problem as I would get an M3 instead, but now I see the M3 has only 0.5 cm more ground clearance (14 cm vs. 13.5 cm) - it does have a 10 cm smaller wheelbase, but I still doubt that would do the trick. So am sticking with my MS as long as M3 doesn't come with air suspension as an option.

In the meanwhile, I need to get a better clearance with my MS. Anyone have experience with this, e.g. with spacers such as these : SPACCER suspension lift kit - for all makes and models - SPACCER, or with aftermarket coils?
I actually ordered some from spaccer.con and they worked pretty well on my 2014 S I ordered the spacers with the rubber add on as well totaling a 15mm lift witch stopped the scrapping on most situations