Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh NC - Looking to get coilovers installed need recommendation for shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you checked with Brad at "The Digital Chassis, LLC" in Durham, NC? I have him do my Tesla alignments, and he's a bit of local legend for doing suspension and tire work on the Porsches and other high end sports cars in the region.

He's difficult to reach by phone (perpetually full voice mail box) - I'd recommend stopping by and having a chat with him.

If you're still looking, you should consider doing it yourself. I installed lowering springs on my M3P and it's really not hard at all once you have the right jack pads and jack stands.

You will need an alignment afterward.

Other than Tesla, are there any good shops in Cary/Raleigh to get an all wheel alignment? I bought the MPP Comfort Coilovers for my Long-Range Model Y during the Black Friday sale. Plan to install them myself, but have too many other projects on my plate right now!

If you're still looking, you should consider doing it yourself. I installed lowering springs on my M3P and it's really not hard at all once you have the right jack pads and jack stands.

You will need an alignment afterward.
Any recommendations for where to get it aligned? Which springs did you get? I actually just ordered the Tsportline for my m3p. Shooting you a pm with some questions if that's cool. I think I'm going to attempt installing them mysel.

Other than Tesla, are there any good shops in Cary/Raleigh to get an all wheel alignment? I bought the MPP Comfort Coilovers for my Long-Range Model Y during the Black Friday sale. Plan to install them myself, but have too many other projects on my plate right now!
A retail chain tire shop is probably not where you want to go since they mainly just put sick vehicles back into spec. Once you lower a car, it may never been in spec with camber. You can get toe right on the money with a mild drop.
Any recommendations for where to get it aligned? Which springs did you get? I actually just ordered the Tsportline for my m3p. Shooting you a pm with some questions if that's cool. I think I'm going to attempt installing them mysel.
I only know the place in Greenville NC that I went to. I replied to your PM but I got H&R springs. The front is certainly more difficult than the rear, but the good YouTube videos show pretty much every step, and actually some extra steps that aren't necessarily required.

Doing it at home on the ground is harder than if you have a lift like the videos, but for me it was much easier than other cars I've done. Partly because the car has no rust and the way it's designed makes for easy disassembly.

I had my mpp coilovers, lca bushings, and camber arms installed and aligned at Automotive performance and chasis in Cary. They do excellent work. They also did my s2000 suspension work too.

Attachments

• D82262DC-FFEB-428C-ACEA-FA42008CE582.jpeg
    D82262DC-FFEB-428C-ACEA-FA42008CE582.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: mhcrowder