Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else waiting on the body shop for fixes to their model 3? Incredibly, we have been told the waiting list to get seen by the only approved body shop (Caliber in Raleigh) is into January 2019 or later! I'm obviously not happy that it will take 4+ months to get my delivery issues corrected.

Is anyone else waiting on the body shop for fixes to their model 3? Incredibly, we have been told the waiting list to get seen by the only approved body shop (Caliber in Raleigh) is into January 2019 or later! I'm obviously not happy that it will take 4+ months to get my delivery issues corrected.
What needs to be done to your P3D+? If I recall, did you have the charging port misalignment plus bumper issues?

I ask because I have an SC appointment next week for panel appearance finishing and a small delivery scratch near the brake light (plus steering wheel alignment and a small interior door scratch). They did not mention engaging Caliber.

If you need a ride to the off site location, I recommend Taxi Taxi. They have a fleet of Priuses, they text a link to a map so you can see the location of your driver, drivers go through a background check, you can pay cash and no personal information kept by the company. I have no affiliation with this company, just happened to use them to pick up my Model 3 and found it a better experience than Uber IMHO. Cheers!

Finally took delivery today. Lots of lessons learned from this forum, so I thought would post my recap.
Late August - Received email telling me that my Delivery date would be Sep 21.
Had to postpone that date due to business travel, so new date was Oct7.
Sept29 - started calling and emailing tesla to finalize paperwork as well as confirm date. A VIN is posted online in my account.
Oct 5 - Finally hear from someone (in Nevada) who tells me the car is still in California and that ETA is sometime around the end of the month. VIN goes missing from my account. (I do not know if this original VIN was the same as my current VIN, I have doubts though)
Oct 11 - no updates after a few email requests, so I drive to Tesla sales Raleigh to get some info. Talk to someone who tells me car will be here on the 17th and should be ready by 22/23.
Oct 22 - Have sent several emails to the rep at Tesla Raleigh with no response, decide to just show up and see what's up. Turns out, the car has not made it to Raleigh and is now in Birmingham for some reason. I am told, the 27th is my new delivery date, hopefully, but that they need confirm transport and will let me know. I filled out all paperwork and submitted final payment.
Oct 26 - Have heard nothing, so I go back to Raleigh Sales center just to make sure everything is on track. Find out, that someone "should have called" me as my delivery location changed from Raleigh sales center on Westgate to the delivery lot on S Wilmington.
Oct 27 - Showed to take delivery. They were unaware that I had already signed the paperwork and submitted payment. The associates made some phone calls and then about 20 minutes later told me that they were waiting on new paperwork from California. After about 1.5 hours, drove off the lot in my new Blue Dual Motor.

One thing I learned today is that Tesla made a decision to front load Raleigh this qtr, not sure how this impacted my delivery.

Tesla still seems to be unorganized when it comes to delivery.

I would contact the Raleigh sales office instead of relying on the guys in Nevada if you want a better experience.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Hey guys, my car is already delivered to the delivery location but my papers are not ready yet (which takes another couple days at least)

where exactly in the wilmington st is that location? is it 2424 s wilmington st? I really want to go there and see it in advance (I work close to wilmington st)
Thank you.

Hey guys, my car is already delivered to the delivery location but my papers are not ready yet (which takes another couple days at least)

where exactly in the wilmington st is that location? is it 2424 s wilmington st? I really want to go there and see it in advance (I work close to wilmington st)
Thank you.

Yes the address is 2424 S Wilmington St. I picked mine up a few days ago and there were probably 20-30 Model 3s waiting. Delivery went well no rush at all. It is an outdoor lot so be prepared for that, it isn't a showroom.

• Informative
Reactions: jdcollins5
I am in the same boat multiple panels need to be repainted because of paint chips on a new car.

thanks for the info. does that mean that they are all dirty with the dust?
Its not what you would expect from a Tesla delivery. They detail the car when you get there and its not much to look at. I hope they build a real Sales/Service Center as this isn't sustainable given the amount of cars on that lot the few times i have been there.

Can't wait for my P3D+. Delivery tentatively scheduled for Nov 27. Quick question on stock tires, do we need to change to winter or all seasons in NC?

If you plan to drive it in below 40 degree weather with any moisture on the ground- yes.

The P3D+ comes with summer-only tires.

They're fine (about the best tire you can put on the car in fact) above 40 in all dry/wet situations.

From like 20-40 and dry they're... not deadly dangerous...if you drive conservatively...but not great.

Below 35-40 and wet they're fairly useless hockey pucks.

FWIW my last sport sedan I kept summers on all year- there were just a handful of days a year I had to leave it parked and not drive it, and a number more evenings I knew I couldn't drive it if I'd be out extra late as temps dropped and it was gonna rain or something- and sticking to that it was just fine.

Did you turn on data access under safety/security on the car? Go to the Gear icon in the upper right corner.

That doesn't help if the car isn't marked as delivered in Teslas system- which mine wasn't.

Took them a week post delivery to make that happen- then it was in the app without having to touch the car.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Looks like my M3P+ (all white) is in Raleigh but due to holidays coming up, they are fully booked with deliveries! Can anyone tell me if we can just stop by to pre-inspect the car (if you find it in the lot)? I requested them to fit me in if a slot opens up as I live close by. Fingers crossed!

Looks like my M3P+ (all white) is in Raleigh but due to holidays coming up, they are fully booked with deliveries! Can anyone tell me if we can just stop by to pre-inspect the car (if you find it in the lot)? I requested them to fit me in if a slot opens up as I live close by. Fingers crossed!
If it's the lot on S Wilmington street, yes, it's literally a parking lot. You can even take a look for your VIN on the front windshield. They won't let you inside though.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden