Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would agree that loading the vehicles scheduled for delivery shouldn't be too complicated. Sorry man, would hope you are on the next delivery. Maybe ours will travel up together :) Not feeling so great since already 3 days after last date and no specific word.
At rate of delivery, Id think they could hand off 8+ a day and the truck isn't carrying days worth of deliveries.

Does anyone know how many trucks they get a week from Charlotte? I thought they were doing 6 + deliveries a day so has that changed?

• Informative
Reactions: srharris22
@favo happy delivery day! 3 hours to go
Got my car! Delivery was nearly flawless. There were a few minor paint issues, but they were all taken care of at delivery. Only remaining issues I'm aware of right now are a missing trunk lightbulb and a small scratch on the bottom, middle plastic section of the steering wheel. That's it. More details later. Out to drive!

Just got this e-mail. I’m still pretty po about getting my second delivery appointment cancelled. I wonder if this second class treatment will spill over to getting the car serviced, too. I’d hate to have to wait at the back of the line for maintenance, too. Charlotte is a 6-hour round-trip Drive for me.
—————
Hi Kenneth,

I would like to invite you to a catered delivery event in Charlotte, NC!

Due to limited space we currently are unable to schedule an immediate appointment to pick up your model 3 in Raleigh. To get you behind the wheel much sooner I would like to invite you to the delivery center in Charlotte.

Charlotte – Matthews

9140 East Independence Blvd
Matthews, NC 28105
September 1st @ 12pm

At this Tesla event you will get a chance to mingle with other Tesla owners and our staff and we will be there to help answer questions.

Please let me know if you are willing to attend and if so, we are happy to provide a transportation option.

Best Regards,
Edgar “Dean” Gibson I Inside Sales Advisor
7180 Pollock Drive Las Vegas, NV 89119
E [email protected]

Just got this e-mail. I’m still pretty po about getting my second delivery appointment cancelled. I wonder if this second class treatment will spill over to getting the car serviced, too. I’d hate to have to wait at the back of the line for maintenance, too. Charlotte is a 6-hour round-trip Drive for me.
—————
Hi Kenneth,

Due to limited space we currently are unable to schedule an immediate appointment to pick up your model 3 in Raleigh. To get you behind the wheel much sooner I would like to invite you to the delivery center in Charlotte.

Charlotte – Matthews

Matthews, NC 28105
September 1st @ 12pm

At this Tesla event you will get a chance to mingle with other Tesla owners and our staff and we will be there to help answer questions.

Please let me know if you are willing to attend and if so, we are happy to provide a transportation option.

Best Regards,
E [email protected]
That sucks to hear about Raleigh deliveries getting pushed back. If Tesla called me tomorrow and told me I would have to pick up in Raleigh, then I would in a heartbeat. I would drive to Atlanta if necessary. I know that is just my perspective though, and now I want my delivery to be a catered event. :)

Yeah I am out of town so I can’t make it this weekend. My thoughts are that they will be getting a good number out of the way and possibly allow raleigh to catch up a little.
Will see, seems they are even willing to provide a one way rental if needed too

—————
Hi Kenneth,

Charlotte – Matthews

Matthews, NC 28105
September 1st @ 12pm

Best Regards,
E [email protected]
That actually sounds like a pretty good option, if they can get several people and ferry them down in a Model X or two. If I didn't already have the car, I'd probably do that.

Really glad to see they are offering this option to folks. Sucks that the timing is such that it falls within a long weekend where people likely have plans, but I think it is a step in the right direction to try to mitigate some of the challenges Raleigh is having.

Hey folks, thanks for all of the great comments and suggestions! I'm glad I didn't actually speak with the ISA when he called yesterday, because I definitely would have said no to Charlotte -- still fuming over yesterday's Raleigh cancellation. But I'll give it some thought.

Does anyone know how many trucks they get a week from Charlotte? I thought they were doing 6 + deliveries a day so has that changed?
Last Friday at the ‘delivery’ center I was told they can get 1, max 2 trucks/week with 9 cars/truck. Forgot to ask why they couldn’t get more. They are also limited to ~12 new car parking spots which must make the shuffling of new cars/prepping/deliveries difficult. Still no excuse for extremely poor planning. More importantly, the “storage problem” has existed for over a month with no apparent solution.