Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured we should have our own thread, instead of clogging up the Charlotte, NC Waiting Room. As many of you know, in August the Raleigh Sales Center lost their storage lot, which put a huge damper on their ability to deliver cars, and has caused a lot of delivery dates to slip. They have a new delivery manager, Mike, who just started last week and is working hard to rectify the situation. You can read a little more about that over here: Raleigh (Non) Delivery Experience.

Anyhow, all the folks at Raleigh Sales that I've met have been super cool and are working hard to get everyone their cars. They lost some delivery people when Tesla did its workforce reduction in June, and that combined with the storage lot issue has been a double whammy. Even though my delivery date has slipped twice (8/10 -> 8/20 -> ?), I'm trying to stay positive and cut them some slack.

If you are waiting for a new delivery date after having one cancelled, you should call or stop by and talk to Mike. He has some ability to prioritize what cars get put on the trucks to come up from Charlotte. Apparently, if your car is not on the "Active" list (which can happen after a cancellation by your IDA?) you might not automatically get on the next truck that isn't full, so best to check in with Mike. There is still some uncertainty on scheduling the trucks, since distribution handles that, but they are working to get this process more streamlined. (Plus, sometimes the truck driver doesn't have enough hours to get the truck all the way to the destination, although Charlotte to Raleigh is pretty short.)

You also have the option to go to Charlotte for a delivery, but you'll have to pay in advance, since they can't handle money there, thanks to the lame dealerships lobbying the DMV to deny Tesla more than one licensed location to sell cars. Apparently, the dealerships may also be trying to buy up parking lots in Raleigh to prevent Tesla from getting one.

All of the above is what I've been able to glean from talking to various people at Tesla and elsewhere. Hopefully I didn't get anything majorly wrong, but none of this should be construed as official Tesla info.

I just got my 8/25 delivery cancelled last Friday P3D Aeros MCR white interior. I now have my MVPA in hand and loan approved through allegacy just need the car. I know it had reached Birmingham as of Friday and hoping for update today.
I’m a fan of the RALEIGH crew as we already have an X we got through there. They have issues but it’s not their own as this is not a permanent location and I suspect Tesla limiting spending has impacted them moving anytime soon.

I believe they do have plans to move to a larger location at some point sooner rather than later, but finding the right place is tricky as the real estate market here is tightening up due to speculation about Apple and/or Amazon coming to the area.

As for my car, I am cautiously optimistic for delivery late next week. I have PPF (Xpel) and ceramic (Gyeon) scheduled for install at TVP Auto for second week in Sept. My 14-50 is being installed in the garage tomorrow. It's all coming together.

Reactions: SigNC
I have a RWD but drove the P3D demo car last week. As of last week they had not deliver any P3D to customers yet.
Originally they told me mine was the first ordered through Raleigh (I ordered 6/5). When I was there last Monday (I think), someone thought they had delivered one, but I guess that may be incorrect. I'll just be happy to get my car, whether it's the first, second or seventeenth one. Despite the delays and uncertainty, I'm getting pretty excited! Even my mom, who doesn't care about cars, keeps asking me if I got it yet.

Reactions: SigNC
I believe they do have plans to move to a larger location at some point sooner rather than later, but finding the right place is tricky as the real estate market here is tightening up due to speculation about Apple and/or Amazon coming to the area.

As for my car, I am cautiously optimistic for delivery late next week. I have PPF (Xpel) and ceramic (Gyeon) scheduled for install at TVP Auto for second week in Sept. My 14-50 is being installed in the garage tomorrow. It's all coming together.

Curious who you're having do the 14-50 and what they're getting for it? I need to do that myself since mine is apparently on the train from CA to Alabama now.

Curious who you're having do the 14-50 and what they're getting for it? I need to do that myself since mine is apparently on the train from CA to Alabama now.
I'm going with Nick Athan, NC Electrical Group, from the Tesla list. He has done a ton of installs for Teslas, will get the permits, and uses the industrial 14-50 outlet (as Tesla recommends) instead of the $10 one from the big box store. My install is all in the garage, panel is already 200A with room to spare, and needs about 50' of conduit and AWG 6 wire. He is charging me $850, which is a little more than I wanted, but the only other electrician who can get in this week quoted me $1500. People have gotten $400 estimates from Roy Electric and seemed pleased with his work, but he couldn't get out to me for an estimate for another 2 weeks, plus not sure if he's pulling permits or using the industrial 14-50. Also, those may be shorter runs. YMMV.

Back on the schedule for Raleigh! Just tentatively, though. I’m assuming we keep getting bumped by the Model S buyers.

6/27/2018 - Reservation made
6/30/2018 - Configuration complete
7/27/2018 - ISA calls for the first time. Says car is in transit to Birmingham, AL. Confirms VIN.
7/31/2018 - Car in transit to Charlotte.
8/07/2018 - Car in Charlotte, and we set delivery date on 8/20.
8/17/2018 - ISA cancels delivery.
8/21/2018 - Second date for 8/29.

• Informative
Reactions: srharris22
My delivery date of August 25th was set July 26 for Raleigh. At this point, it's still on for this Saturday at 10am. Cautiously optimistic this will actually go thru, but I'm also waiting on that email from my ISA that something has changed. I will update this thread as things progress.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911
My delivery date of August 25th was set July 26 for Raleigh. At this point, it's still on for this Saturday at 10am. Cautiously optimistic this will actually go thru, but I'm also waiting on that email from my ISA that something has changed. I will update this thread as things progress.

Oh, man — the 25th is a Saturday, right? That is just a pipe dream for me! I do hope yours comes through, though. They want me to drive to Charlotte to pick up the car. I suggest you call the Raleigh office to confirm it, though.

Oh, man — the 25th is a Saturday, right? That is just a pipe dream for me! I do hope yours comes through, though. They want me to drive to Charlotte to pick up the car. I suggest you call the Raleigh office to confirm it, though.
I emailed my contact at the Raleigh center and he replied August 17th that he was not sure if my car had made it to Raleigh or not as of that day. I emailed my ISA on August 17th and today (22nd) to see if she can tell me if my car was in Raleigh, or Charlotte, or somewhere else---I'm still waiting on a reply from both of those emails. If I don't hear anything before Saturday morning, I'm driving the 1.5 hours to Raleigh and if my car isn't there, I'll just have them deliver it to me at work when it arrives ;)

@Ozymandius
Back on the schedule for Raleigh! Just tentatively, though. I’m assuming we keep getting bumped by the Model S buyers.

6/27/2018 - Reservation made
6/30/2018 - Configuration complete
7/27/2018 - ISA calls for the first time. Says car is in transit to Birmingham, AL. Confirms VIN.
7/31/2018 - Car in transit to Charlotte.
8/07/2018 - Car in Charlotte, and we set delivery date on 8/20.
8/17/2018 - ISA cancels delivery.
8/21/2018 - Second date for 8/29.
who contacted you? I was for 8/25 delivery and for that delayed as of 8/17. No follow up.
I sent emailed to ISA Tuesday and called Mike but got Ben in raleigh. Never got back to me today.
Seriously considering Charlotte if they could move it up, but I have my MVPA signed and it says raleigh so unsure if that’s an issue