Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still thinking about it. I’m on the Raleigh schedule for a Wednesday delivery. Not too optimistic about that, though. I called on Friday and was told the car was still in Charlotte. I’ll swing by the SC on Tuesday afternoon to check the status.
Man Im pulling for you! Since there was a truck coming on Monday I am betting you have a good shot. Seems like most are complimentary of Mike and what he is doing to straighten things out, he just has a significant back log as you well know!

Reactions: jmmdownhil
My delivery date of August 25th was set July 26 for Raleigh. At this point, it's still on for this Saturday at 10am. Cautiously optimistic this will actually go thru, but I'm also waiting on that email from my ISA that something has changed. I will update this thread as things progress.
@rjhoskins what ever happened? Go or no go? Since my date was also for 8/25 Im interested what happened

I’m still thinking about it. I’m on the Raleigh schedule for a Wednesday delivery. Not too optimistic about that, though. I called on Friday and was told the car was still in Charlotte. I’ll swing by the SC on Tuesday afternoon to check the status.
I'm going to head over late this afternoon. PM me your VIN, and I'll take a look. This week's truck should have arrived.

Reactions: srharris22
@rjhoskins what ever happened? Go or no go? Since my date was also for 8/25 Im interested what happened
Yes, sorry forgot to update this thread---here's my post from another forum:

"Well, today happened, but not without a couple of problems. Driving to Raleigh for 10am delivery appointment, we hit something on I-85 that blows out a tire on my wife's Lexus RX450h. If you've never changed a flat on the shoulder of I-85, I will tell you, it will get your pulse going. Luckily, we were well off the road and my wife helped--so in a flash we were back on the road to Tesla Raleigh.

Got to the service center (address given to me by ISA and in 'My Tesla Page')--but wait, deliveries are down the road at the sales center. So, after all of that, I still only arrived 10 minutes after my appointment time.

I apologized to the staff, who promptly directed me to wash the tire change grime off my hands before getting in my white interior, and then off we went to the car. Approximately 15 minutes later, I'm heading off in my Model 3 Performance! Made a pit stop to visit my oldest child who's a Junior at Chapel Hill (and give her a ride), and of course, we had to stop on the way home in Burlington, NC for our first supercharger visit even though we didn't need to due to range.

An absolutely surreal experience owning a Tesla and I can't wait to completely immerse myself in the online manual tomorrow."

Yes, sorry forgot to update this thread---here's my post from another forum:

"Well, today happened, but not without a couple of problems. Driving to Raleigh for 10am delivery appointment, we hit something on I-85 that blows out a tire on my wife's Lexus RX450h. If you've never changed a flat on the shoulder of I-85, I will tell you, it will get your pulse going. Luckily, we were well off the road and my wife helped--so in a flash we were back on the road to Tesla Raleigh.

Got to the service center (address given to me by ISA and in 'My Tesla Page')--but wait, deliveries are down the road at the sales center. So, after all of that, I still only arrived 10 minutes after my appointment time.

I apologized to the staff, who promptly directed me to wash the tire change grime off my hands before getting in my white interior, and then off we went to the car. Approximately 15 minutes later, I'm heading off in my Model 3 Performance! Made a pit stop to visit my oldest child who's a Junior at Chapel Hill (and give her a ride), and of course, we had to stop on the way home in Burlington, NC for our first supercharger visit even though we didn't need to due to range.

An absolutely surreal experience owning a Tesla and I can't wait to completely immerse myself in the online manual tomorrow."
Wow!!!! Good job sticking with it! Was this your original delivery date or had you been delayed already?

Wow!!!! Good job sticking with it! Was this your original delivery date or had you been delayed already?
This was my original delivery date that was given to me by my ISA on August 2nd. After that, I heard nothing--I emailed my ISA twice, I called Tesla Raleigh once, and I emailed Tesla Raleigh once. I tried everything I could to get someone to say, "Yeah your car is here and we are ready to see you on the 25th", but that never happened. So, when I left on my 1.5 hour trip to Raleigh this past Saturday, I was just hoping the car was actually there. I was pleasantly surprised that it was.

• Informative
Reactions: srharris22
This was my original delivery date that was given to me by my ISA on August 2nd. After that, I heard nothing--I emailed my ISA twice, I called Tesla Raleigh once, and I emailed Tesla Raleigh once. I tried everything I could to get someone to say, "Yeah your car is here and we are ready to see you on the 25th", but that never happened. So, when I left on my 1.5 hour trip to Raleigh this past Saturday, I was just hoping the car was actually there. I was pleasantly surprised that it was.
You are one of the few that got to delivery on first date given, congrats

Reactions: rjhoskins
Man Im pulling for you! Since there was a truck coming on Monday I am betting you have a good shot. Seems like most are complimentary of Mike and what he is doing to straighten things out, he just has a significant back log as you well know!

... and my second delivery appointment for tomorrow was just cancelled. No new delivery date. Of course, the car is still in Charlotte. It’s been there for 3 weeks now.

... and my second delivery appointment for tomorrow was just cancelled. No new delivery date. Of course, the car is still in Charlotte. It’s been there for 3 weeks now.
I feel for you. Also had 2 cancellations in Raleigh. Finally got car last Saturday. I was p.o.’d for 3 p+ weeks, but I am starting to forget my former irritation - the car is great!

@TrickyDimitri
You might get the chance. That car does not want to go to Raleigh. :)

@srharris22
No new reason, other than the same song and dance about Raleigh losing their lot and the police not allowing on street parking. I wonder how they do the scheduling for loading the trailers to Raleigh? Obviously my car is not on that schedule. One would think the trailer loading schedule would match the documented delivery appointment schedule. I guess not.

@TrickyDimitri
You might get the chance. That car does not want to go to Raleigh. :)

@srharris22
No new reason, other than the same song and dance about Raleigh losing their lot and the police not allowing on street parking. I wonder how they do the scheduling for loading the trailers to Raleigh? Obviously my car is not on that schedule. One would think the trailer loading schedule would match the documented delivery appointment schedule. I guess not.
I would agree that loading the vehicles scheduled for delivery shouldn't be too complicated. Sorry man, would hope you are on the next delivery. Maybe ours will travel up together :) Not feeling so great since already 3 days after last date and no specific word.
At rate of delivery, Id think they could hand off 8+ a day and the truck isn't carrying days worth of deliveries.