Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally back on the delivery schedule for Raleigh. Hopefully, the third time is the charm!

6/27/2018 - Reservation made
6/30/2018 - Configuration made
7/27/2018 - ISA calls for the first time. Says car is in transit to Birmingham, AL. Confirms VIN.
7/31/2018 - Car is in transit to Charlotte.
8/07/2018 - Car is in Charlotte, and we set delivery date on 8/20.
8/17/2018 - ISA cancelled the delivery date.
8/21/2018 - ISA sets second date for 8/29.
8/28/2018 - ISA cancelled the second date.
9/06/2018 - ISA sets third date for 9/13.

I'll add my story as well.

6/27/2017- Reservation made
6/28/2018- Configuration completed

LR AWD White

Received an email today that the M3 will be ready between 9/23-9/30. Replied with answers to the questions and got a response two hours later confirming the date. Theses email came from a Delivery Scheduling Advisor out of Fremont. No VIN yet.

Maybe mine fell off the train.

Aug 20- told it was on train from Freemont to Alabama regional hub

As of 2 days ago it was still "on the way to Alabama" 2 weeks later according to Brandon.

I've got a VIN, but no delivery date or even discussion of one.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911
I would love to know what they are doing to resolve the delivery bottleneck in Raleigh? If they think this is sustainable that is nuts. i know they are looking at a mall location but lets get it done if that is the case.

I just got this in an email from my ISA:

"You are correct that Raleigh is experiencing some logistical issues at the moment but they’re working on a solution for that which could include home delivery. As we get closer I’ll let you know."

I received an email from Andrew Hookano on Tuesday. I responded back immediately with the info he requested. I have not received a follow up response yet.

I am getting a first hand experience of the waiting game I have been reading about!

I just checked on my order and the delivery date has been updated to late September. I am not surprised they are trying to get it in before end of quarter.

I also received email from Andrew indicating 10/3 and no additional responses from him. Very frustrating. Where did you check your order to find a Sept date?

FINALLY! And yes that’s an Elon University shirt I’m wearing ;) one paint issue they noted before handing it over which will be corrected. Otherwise she is looking pretty good.
Actually naming her/him Mr. Fusion from back to the future, no more plutonium/gas for me

Attachments

• CD64E840-51EA-4F1D-AA4B-6C25F88A32C0.jpeg
    CD64E840-51EA-4F1D-AA4B-6C25F88A32C0.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: favo and rjhoskins
Congrats! So glad you were finally able to pick it up. Initial thoughts?
Won’t lie, I missed having EAP! It’s FAST! Fit and finish is great. Have one little bumper thing, headlight isn’t set just right, and the charger cover is a little off. And I’m being picky here. She looks great! Drive is amazing, but I am getting rid of a 2001 4 cylinder Camry and our model X.
Love the white seats! Soft compared to our cream seats in the X. No clue why but they are

Won’t lie, I missed having EAP! It’s FAST! Fit and finish is great. Have one little bumper thing, headlight isn’t set just right, and the charger cover is a little off. And I’m being picky here. She looks great! Drive is amazing, but I am getting rid of a 2001 4 cylinder Camry and our model X.
Love the white seats! Soft compared to our cream seats in the X. No clue why but they are
Is that a RWD, AWD, or PAWD? Beautiful car.

Reactions: srharris22
I also received email from Andrew indicating 10/3 and no additional responses from him. Very frustrating. Where did you check your order to find a Sept date?

I have not heard back from Andrew since the first email but I am not worried about. As long as things keep moving forward I am fine until we get closer to the end of the month. I look forward to being moved to Raleigh. The sales and delivery people are really nice.

Oooh, shiny! Looks great! How was the drive back from Charlotte? Did you have to stop off in Burlington for a recharge?

Reactions: srharris22