Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final update!

My sweet baby M3 is sitting in the garage after having been delivered last night right before sunset. I'm loving the car thus far even while adjusting to some of the differences from an ICE (this is my first EV).
Congrats!! If I may ask, what is your opinion of the build quality (alignment, paint, etc)?

The delivery reports and the many checklists have me alert given planned home delivery for next week.

Self-update

Sure enough less than an hour later I now show as owing Tesla $3090 for FSD...which I'll ACH now so they don't use it as an excuse to not set a "real" delivery date.

So despite the ISA repeatedly insisting they can't add it after the car is built (which he agreed made no sense but still insisted was the case) it seems one ask from the delivery guy in Raleigh got it done :)

I think the MVPA update is still in process or something though because clicking on bottom-right link now gives me the "generic" MVPA without a VIN (though my VIN still shows in the account in general)

One more update... so now I've got the "real" MVPA with VIN back, and FSD added.

But my delivery date has changed from today in charlotte at 4pm (which is obviously gone and the IDA said was "just so we can get you on the home delivery schedule) to....

Estimated delivery
Sept.'18 - Nov.'18

Like it had been before I ever heard from an IDA.

WTH?

Everything went smoothly at my delivery appointment yesterday afternoon at the Raleigh sales office. Ben ended up spending an hour with my wife and I completing the paperwork, viewing the car and answering all of our questions.

The car had been detailed and was charging. I could not find any issues with the car. My wife was walking beside the passenger side of the car with her hand riding on the seam just below the rear door window when she felt a rough spot in the paint about a 1/2” long. Ben cleaned it some and then called the SC. A guy buffed it some and asked me if I wanted to create a ticket to bring it back. We could not find the place by looking but could still feel a little rough line. I decided not to create a ticket for this small spot but said if I find anything in the next day or so that warranted a trip to the SC that we could add this. I was impressed with the way they addressed this small imperfection.

The drive to Wilmington was just freaking awesome. The AP was calibrated and ready for use in about 10 miles or so. I used the TACC, Autosteer and Lane Change the entire trip. Other than two occasions of a quick braking that I was not expecting, for a truck beside the road and then someone appearing next to me on an on ramp, it worked flawlessly.

As others have said this car is worth the wait once you get your hands on it!

Good luck to those of you that are still waiting for delivery!

The reason that I was able to have a delivery at the Raleigh office was due to inability to home deliver to Wilmington after Florence due to flooded roads.

Everything went smoothly at my delivery appointment yesterday afternoon at the Raleigh sales office. Ben ended up spending an hour with my wife and I completing the paperwork, viewing the car and answering all of our questions.

The car had been detailed and was charging. I could not find any issues with the car. My wife was walking beside the passenger side of the car with her hand riding on the seam just below the rear door window when she felt a rough spot in the paint about a 1/2” long. Ben cleaned it some and then called the SC. A guy buffed it some and asked me if I wanted to create a ticket to bring it back. We could not find the place by looking but could still feel a little rough line. I decided not to create a ticket for this small spot but said if I find anything in the next day or so that warranted a trip to the SC that we could add this. I was impressed with the way they addressed this small imperfection.

The drive to Wilmington was just freaking awesome. The AP was calibrated and ready for use in about 10 miles or so. I used the TACC, Autosteer and Lane Change the entire trip. Other than two occasions of a quick braking that I was not expecting, for a truck beside the road and then someone appearing next to me on an on ramp, it worked flawlessly.

As others have said this car is worth the wait once you get your hands on it!

Good luck to those of you that are still waiting for delivery!

The reason that I was able to have a delivery at the Raleigh office was due to inability to home deliver to Wilmington after Florence due to flooded roads.
Congratulations!!

Reactions: jdcollins5
Congrats @jdcollins5 -- glad you love it. And where's the picture? :)

475D08CA-E8D2-41DB-A568-3159B308E886.jpeg

Reactions: attack7
Glad everything worked out for you!

Has anyone ever heard of a Tesla Fleet Car? I called Tesla the other day trying to get an update on my car. When I gave the associate my VIN, he slipped / mentioned that the VIN was registered as a Tesla Fleet vehicle! WTH does that mean??? My concern is that this is a 4xxxx VIN, roughly 50-60000 behind the current set of VINs, and has been used by Tesla for whatever the past few months. The only upside that I can think is that maybe it will have the full orange back glass. Beyond that, I’m a little concerned.
To add on to this, Raleigh told me in person that the ONLY option is to take home delivery, I cannot cone to the SC to pick it try up. Okay, but when I asked about delivery, they stated it would be a 3rd party enclosed trailer with no Tesla representative. If I find or have any issues, I have 48 hours to bring the car in.

This process seems ridiculous, I was close to cancelling my order until all of this has been smoothed out, but I’ve accepted that I’m at the mercy of Tesla and I must submit my free will if I want a M3 :(

@rojowe The process is definitely fraught with problems. Several of us have paid for our cars already and still don't know when they might get shipped from Charlotte to our houses. I do know that in the process leading up to me getting my car paid for, the VIN was on the account, then off my account, and during this "off the account" period the car was listed as being an "Inventory" car even though I had a final cost sheet MVPA with the VIN. I wonder if he meant "Inventory" instead of "Fleet"?

Reactions: Sg911
Well, things have gone from 0 to 100 for me. I've been asked for final payment, got all the documents to get signed and notarized and sent to Raleigh prior to delivery. They want to get the car delivered this month.

Looks like they set delivery in Charlotte for the 29th, but I asked if that was a placeholder for home delivery or if I need to head down there to pick up the car.

VIN 99XXX

Reactions: Sg911
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but everyone keeps referring to completing paperwork and I took delivery on Friday and have signed nothing but a single sheet of paper which acknowledged that they had brought me a car with a vin that matched what was on the sheet. I then took a picture with my phone and gave it back to the delivery guy. Is there other paperwork that I was supposed to complete? (cash payment, no trade)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
My car now shows up in my mobile app (but remote access disabled), which is new for me today. But still no word on when I might see it...

View attachment 337710
@bkmartin this is how mine was too once it got closer to delivery. Once you take delivery of the car, you can enable remote access from the display panel in the car and pair your phone.

As an FYI, if you ordered advanced auto pilot, make sure that they have turned it on. You should have a feature called Summon on the autopilot menu and on the phone app. Mine wasn't enabled even though I paid and I had to make (another) trip to the SC to get it sorted out (which then occurred over the air a few hours later).

Also, the North Hills superchargers have been free recently (perhaps Florence related) so if they deliver your car with half a charge and you're not fully set up for home charging yet, it's worth a visit.

Yup! Caught me by surprise. They gave me the option of times to come pick it up on Friday. This will be my second round of appointments by the way.

I hope it is true, but many of us also had the same sort of calls to only get those appointments rolled back later. If we can indeed pick up in Raleigh again, I want to pick mine up that way ASAP. I paid last Friday...

• Helpful
Reactions: 0mpg and Sg911