Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update- swung by TVP to pick up car (full xpel ultimate and cquartz)- looked fantastic... then walked next door to ask about all the missing stuff from my car delivery (only got 1 key, and 0 phone cables, and 6 days later car still doesn't show delivered on tesla.com so app doesn't work either- also missing fasteners in all the wheel wells (though many were on delivery day)

They looked at my list and said "Oh, this is all service center stuff- go down the road"

I can see maybe the fasteners being that- but *sugar* missing at delivery seems like it's be a sales/delivery thing. Guess not

Anyway the service guy was really nice- said he'd put in a "concern" about the missing key and cables and a ranger would deliver them to me when they came in (weird they don't keep spare keycards in stock at least).... he had a tech go look at the wheel wells and said yeah they don't actually need anything there that's normal.... and then service guy said the "delivered" thing wasn't a service issue, it was a delivery issue... he asked if I had a delivery adviser...

I made a face.

Before I could say anything he said "Oh- it was someone in vegas huh?"

I said yeah- and he stopped replying to anything 2 weeks before the car was delivered.

He apologized and said he'd insure the right folks were made aware to fix it.

Shortly after I got home a few hours later the car showed as delivered on tesla.com and the car worked in the app.

So overall pretty happy with results even if, once again, issues only got addressed because I physically went to follow up on them with someone in person.

Got the wheels installed (T-Sportline TST 19"). Now to get an appointment at the SC to get the panels buffed/corrected before getting PPF applied. Anyone know the lead time to get an appointment now that Q3 has closed?

Tesla Left Dark.jpg Tesla Front Left Lights.jpg Tesla Right Back.jpg Tesla Right Dark.jpg Tesla Rear Profile Full.jpg Tesla Left Rear Bright Far.jpg

Has anyone taken a delivery this week or is scheduled for next? Just curious if they dried up after Q3 push?

After we showed up last Saturday and they didn't have the car (an inventory S coming in from VA), Vegas called Friday and said they had the car in Raleigh now, and scheduled me for pickup on Sunday at the service center (which, BTW, Tesla corporate is still giving out the address of the service center, and not the sales center a few buildings down the street...)

I then got an email from Raleigh late last night that they had the car at the offsite lot, which can't do Sunday deliveries, although they were delivering cars there last Sunday. So now I'm supposed to pick it up at the offsite lot tomorrow after work.

Some of this is a result of Raleigh being way undersized and having a bunch of stuff coordinated from Nevada when they don't really know how Raleigh is splitting stuff up between Charlotte, the permanent site, and the offsite lot, but it's still not a great look. Hopefully they'll staff up soon and find a single more permanent delivery site.

Got the wheels installed (T-Sportline TST 19"). Now to get an appointment at the SC to get the panels buffed/corrected before getting PPF applied. Anyone know the lead time to get an appointment now that Q3 has closed?

View attachment 341305 View attachment 341306 View attachment 341307 View attachment 341308 View attachment 341309 View attachment 341310

Seems to be about 3 weeks out still. I booked an appointment at the beginning of October and the earliest appointment was the 18th.

Reactions: steelers100d
So, I had an appointment today to pick up my model s

I get to the awful Wilmington street lot and the tesla employee who was there did not know I was coming... and the car was quite dirty.... they said that it was detailed early in the week but the rain dirtied it up...

anyway.. that was not my primary issue... I check out the car and it powers up and then immediately shuts off... every 10 seconds in a constant loop.... needless to say.. I was unable to take delivery today.

I escalated my case to a contact in Fremont who was able to get engineering to look at it and they discovered an issue with firmware that was causing the loop.

I’m not sure when the car will be delivered.. but will get an update on it tomorrow morning.

I do not know what others think, but I have found the delivery experience incredibly bad.... I know I will love the car.. but they are forgetting that the delivery of the car is important to the experience and this makeshift lot that they have in Raleigh on Wilmington street does not meet standards.

At this point, I’m not sure what to ask for with the delivery.... I would like car to be detailed, but I’m tired of the lack of communication and constant excuses... I’m trying to be patient, but today was tough and really took me over the edge.

I took my wife who knows nothing about tesla and now she has the terrible impression of the car given that it would not start and the delivery did not happen. She will be fine, but point is that tesla should want to care about the delivery experience. I am shocked by how poor the experience has been and then when I given keys to a dirty car that once powered on would constantly reboot every 10 seconds.

sorry for the rant.... What would you guys suggest I ask for to ensure that firmware issue is resolved and how should I ask to take delivery? Ask for it to be delivered, ask to have it done at Westgate location or just pick up at Wilmington street. Should I care about the detail? With this storm, I, not sure what will happen.

I will say that the team in Fremont have been great to work with and very responsive. However, the Raleigh team does not communicate. I spoke with the delivery manager Mike tonight, he was apologetic and seemed like a nice guy. And am hoping he can get it resolved.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Sg911
Mike is a great guy and really trying to clean up the Raleigh delivery experience but it has been a struggle.

One of the things I found out was that Hendrick was actually making things more difficult for Tesla in the area. Everytime that Tesla tries to find and procure a lot/location to be more suitable for Delivery's, etc, Hendrick is proactively purchasing those locations to block Tesla. Crazy but that is the kind of stuff Tesla has to deal with from the NADA that slows everything for them.

I would take delivery of the vehicle anywhere they can get it to you. The lot has been used because they have a Autobody Shop that does detail work. etc for them. They can easily detail the car. Additionally they will do the same at Westgate.

My guess is the firmware fix will be relatively easy once they have it loaded and once she is detailed it should be perfect.

Just get them to set the pickup date and go where they tell you. The car should be completely detailed and ready this time. If you have to call the Westgate Sales office and ask for Mike. Leave him a message regarding your concerns and ask him to speed things up.

If you car is at least in town, it should not take long now.

Poor delivery experience, excellent car. Inside Delivery Advisor (in Las Vegas) first contacted me on 9/8/18 to say that estimated delivery date would be 9/22/18. After several back and forth email exchanges, the IDA ghosted and I didn't hear from them again after 9/10/18 despite multiple email attempts. After the delivery date passed, I finally called the Tesla corporate line on 9/24/18 and after 45 minutes on hold, was finally able to talk with someone and get a new IDA assigned to me (also in Las Vegas). Delivery date was still up in the air as the vehicle was "in transit." More back and forth with the new IDA and delivery was finally set for 2 PM on 10/4/2018. I confirmed the pick up location as the service center on 8800 Westgate Park Dr., Suite 108, Raleigh, NC.
Ride was a little late so I call ahead to tell the service center that we'll be there closer to 2:15 PM. The person (centralized reservation person not on-site) says that the GPS on the vehicle says that it's not there but in 2424 S. Wilmington St., Raleigh instead! Since I was only 5 minutes out, I decided just to show up at the service center as indicated to see what's going on. Service center folks says that they don't do deliveries and to go to the showroom up the road. Get back into the car and drive to the showroom - the Tesla team there had no idea I was supposed to show up (apparently, the IDA in Vegas doesn't talk to the local folks as to who's going to be showing up even with an appointment!). Lots of waiting and finally, they say that the car isn't there and I'll have to go to the S. Wilmington St. location to pick up the car - which is another 30 minutes away. Get back in the car, and drive over to a seedy car detailing lot with NO SIGNAGE or any indication that this is a Tesla facility aside from having a bunch of brand new Teslas parked in the parking lot.
Walk in and the staff are incredibly friendly but it was obvious that they just opened this place up hastily as the decor was spartan and had the look of a seedy repair shop. The only indication that I was in a Tesla facility was that the staff were wearing Tesla polos.
Tesla staff walks me to the car, we do a walk around and he shows me all the features and the customization. Everything checks out. He says that I have 72 hours to take it home and email if I notice any concerns and they'll take care of it. We go inside and sign all the paperwork and I'm out of there. Delivery experience wasn't pleasant but the car certainly made up for it. A few minor fit and finish issues with the door seals not seating properly but everything else seems to be OK. App on the phone was active within 24 hrs.
Having never owned a black car before, I didn't realize the all the scratches and swirls visible on the clear coat. The place where I went to get the windows tinted recommended to get a ceramic coating to get rid of the scratches and swirls. Highly recommend that you get a ceramic coat to give your car a flawless look. It's awesome!

Reactions: steelers100d