Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh Service Center Parts and Expected Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Teszi

Jun 29, 2022
NC
I’m curious to see if anyone is currently scheduled for service of any kind at the Raleigh,NC service center that has been delayed due to parts delivery?

I’ve been waiting for a windshield about a month now with 2 scheduled services pushed.

I’d like to know if anyone is getting their work done in a reasonable window, because I’m not and I’ve run out of patience with Tesla still blaming the pandemic for delays.

• Informative
Reactions: doc5339
Th

what parts are you waiting on? You get anything more than “we have placed the order and thank you for your patience” from service?
In my case, apparently, the body control module and power conversion system (parts that are delayed) have to be replaced.

They did not tell me at first, but when they delayed it the first time and told me it was because of part shortages, I asked which parts were ordered.

In my case, apparently, the body control module and power conversion system (parts that are delayed) have to be replaced.

They did not tell me at first, but when they delayed it the first time and told me it was because of part shortages, I asked which parts were ordered.
They keep blaming Covid on my end which kinda makes me think they are full of it. I would drive to another service center at this point but I guess they are all out of everywhere. All the baby formula and Tesla parts must be made in the same one plant.

They keep blaming Covid on my end which kinda makes me think they are full of it. I would drive to another service center at this point but I guess they are all out of everywhere. All the baby formula and Tesla parts must be made in the same one plant.
Yeah, you will have that problem everywhere.

... I’ve run out of patience with Tesla still blaming the pandemic for delays.
LOL the Tesla parts supply chain has been a disaster for a full decade. The pandemic and subsequent logisitcs crunch only gave them something to hide behind. And that will continue to be the case as long as Tesla continues to sell cars as fast as they can build, i.e. as long as prospective buyers continue to ignore the reports of actual owners and apparently don't care about have a fully functional vehicle. The market has spoken, and it values amazing technology over reliability.

I am on my third reschedule for a windshield replacement.

I tried going through Safelite after the second reschedule by Tesla Raleigh, they even tried to install the windshield they got from Tesla but they said the camera brackets weren't the right ones. Safelite called me a couple of days later and told me that the SKU for the windshield they had ordered was correct and that they no longer were willing to try to replace. They told me to get it done through Tesla.

Sigh, 2 months and climbing with a busted windshield. Tela Raleigh Service Center messaged me this morning to reschedule another three weeks out.

I could try Charlotte (same distance from me-- 3 hours away), not sure I would get any better results?

I tried going through Safelite after the second reschedule by Tesla Raleigh, they even tried to install the windshield they got from Tesla but they said the camera brackets weren't the right ones. Safelite called me a couple of days later and told me that the SKU for the windshield they had ordered was correct and that they no longer were willing to try to replace. They told me to get it done through Tesla.

Sigh, 2 months and climbing with a busted windshield. Tela Raleigh Service Center messaged me this morning to reschedule another three weeks out.

I could try Charlotte (same distance from me-- 3 hours away), not sure I would get any better results?
No, Charlotte is under more water than Raleigh as it services a far greater area - Asheville, Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville & Columbia, SC. I'm getting my windshield replaced tomorrow by Tesla at one of the ATL service centers bc Charlotte was 3-4 weeks out to even get an appt, not withstanding whether they even have any windshields in stock or not.

It would be better for you to go to the Richmond, VA service center as they usually have better availability as they service a smaller area due to the abundance of service centers in the DC area and also one at the beach. I've had nothing but positive experiences there as that is near where my parents live.

Yes another push back. 4th reschedule. This company is a joke. I don’t care, 3 months for a windshield is not COVID’s fault.

I am so upset right now, this is my 3rd reschedule for fixing a driver's seat. It took two weeks to get into initial appointment as the seat cannot be adjusted and the back is twisted and crooked. We get in, they say the reset is not enough, need to replace the whole seat. Wait another two weeks. Today, I get it, I kept asking them if they have the seat delivered, because I don't want to drive across town and be without a car for a day or longer. This morning I drop the car, drive across town back to my work and they text me that technician doesn't have the lubricant needed to finish the installation, so I need to pick up my car and come again!!! To them it is not a safety issue that I cannot properly adjust the seat for ideal driving.

I’m curious to see if anyone is currently scheduled for service of any kind at the Raleigh,NC service center that has been delayed due to parts delivery?

I’ve been waiting for a windshield about a month now with 2 scheduled services pushed.

I’d like to know if anyone is getting their work done in a reasonable window, because I’m not and I’ve run out of patience with Tesla still blaming the pandemic for delays.
The Raleigh SC customer service has deteriorated a great deal. The service reps run the place (you can only talk to them and that too only over the app). The service reps are either undertrained or under supervised. Set your expectations low. They will probably still not be met - especially if you are out of warranty