Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I wanted to share my results with Rally Armors Mud Flaps for Model 3.

After having the cheap $30 Chinese mud flaps for half a year and not liking the fitment and the contact they were make with the paint, I knew I needed something better. I wanted a quality product and good paint protection for myself and also those on the road behind me (Colorado uses sand on the roads during winter). I had a set of Rally Armor flaps on my Mazdaspeed3 years ago, and knew these would be a quality product. And as it turns out, they're better than I remember! The stainless bracket, stainless hardware, and the polyurethane flaps look and feel like they're made to last a VERY long time. Only cons I will say that the instructions weren't easy to understand and the foam spacers were agonizing to peal the backing tape off (I believe they're needed for noise/vibration suppression). In the end I'm very happy with these after the modifications I made to them (see below).
tempImage45cvnV.jpg

tempImagegoZRem.jpg

3EC26A8C-7CB7-4191-BD23-532327D76CA3_1_201_a.jpeg

tempImagebzSLtm.jpg

tempImageHDM0Wp.jpg

Now, the size of these are a bit obnoxious out of the box. They're huge for the car! I didn't want the Subaru rally racer look, just basic protection without sacrificing a clean look. To make these more subtle; I ended up trimming an inch off the side and bottom of the rear flaps and 1/2 inch off the side and bottom of the fronts. Using a band saw and the opposite sides flap as a guide; this was super easy! although I imagine this could also be done with some tin snips just as well. The results were just what I wanted. They offer great protection while not sticking out too far on the sides or hanging too low.
tempImageEsa8Iw.jpg

Attachments

• tempImagesVQo8i.jpg
    tempImagesVQo8i.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Nice stuff. I also had trouble with alternative plastic mud flaps. My car is lowered and the plastic mud flaps would scrape and eventually broke off. I modified my Rally Armor front mud flaps as well but I didn’t have the tools to cut them. Instead, I relocated the mounting holes on the mud flap which resulted in the mud flaps being pushed towards the inside of the car so it wasn’t sticking out too much.
4303537C-6584-4C57-968B-404779608A3D.jpeg

5DA71D06-F77C-494C-8403-2E4EA2B10862.jpeg

Looks great!
Nice stuff. I also had trouble with alternative plastic mud flaps. My car is lowered and the plastic mud flaps would scrape and eventually broke off. I modified my Rally Armor front mud flaps as well but I didn’t have the tools to cut them. Instead, I relocated the mounting holes on the mud flap which resulted in the mud flaps being pushed towards the inside of the car so it wasn’t sticking out too much.
View attachment 645136
View attachment 645134Looks great!

Nice stuff. I also had trouble with alternative plastic mud flaps. My car is lowered and the plastic mud flaps would scrape and eventually broke off. I modified my Rally Armor front mud flaps as well but I didn’t have the tools to cut them. Instead, I relocated the mounting holes on the mud flap which resulted in the mud flaps being pushed towards the inside of the car so it wasn’t sticking out too much

How did you “relocate” the mounting holes? Did you drill new holes into the mud flaps?

I just installed mine last week. I didn't do any trimming. After the first rain, I was surprised at how much dirt/grime was on the car immediately behind the mudflaps. I was expecting the sides of the car to be a lot cleaner with the Rally Armor flaps. I imagine it would be even worse if I had trimmed them...

I also wish they included optional instructions and parts if you don't mind drilling some extra holes into the wheel well liners. I did that with the cheap flaps these replaced and they stayed in place much better. I'm tempted to craft some sort of clips to better hold the tops of the Rally Armor ones in place.

Last edited:
Also, was anyone else missing parts in their Rally Armor kit? I was missing two of those white clips you slide into the rear flap frame. The company is sending me the two pieces and I should have them by the end of the week, but I was still curious if anyone else was missing any parts.

Also, was anyone else missing parts in their Rally Armor kit? I was missing two of those white clips you slide into the rear flap frame. The company is sending me the two pieces and I should have them by the end of the week, but I was still curious if anyone else was missing any parts.
I was missing the same exact parts. Weird how they’re not fixing that.

I pulled my cheap mud flaps off after seeing these post and found they were ruining my paint. I only have 1,400 miles on the car and now I have an outline in the paint. I put on the Rally mud flaps today but I didn’t cut or raise them. They do look a little bigger than I‘d like but for now I’m leaving them as is. My wife didn’t like the stainless screws so I painted them black (not sure how long that paint will last).

Attachments

• D32AF645-1879-4C86-927A-BDB351112FDF.jpeg
    D32AF645-1879-4C86-927A-BDB351112FDF.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 412
  • 8C15CF82-DAE0-4C33-B3B3-83B1C0095D7F.jpeg
    8C15CF82-DAE0-4C33-B3B3-83B1C0095D7F.jpeg
    748 KB · Views: 454
  • 22067DEC-27D4-4849-9C50-9C4CA03982F2.jpeg
    22067DEC-27D4-4849-9C50-9C4CA03982F2.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 5682D277-83F0-4E1C-83EB-EABC076186CA.jpeg
    5682D277-83F0-4E1C-83EB-EABC076186CA.jpeg
    667.7 KB · Views: 445
  • F6012167-F635-4FA7-BB3B-EEBBBB241B39.jpeg
    F6012167-F635-4FA7-BB3B-EEBBBB241B39.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 450
I would suggest that anyone having the form fitting mud flaps remove them and inspect the paint for any signs of wear. You can see the vertical line and how much they move scraping the paint. I had them on tight but they still move around. Maybe if you have PPF or foam installed between the mud flaps and paint this issue would be minimized. I’m actually digging the Rally style now that they’ve been on for a few days.

748ACCBD-E7B1-43D7-990A-8D368FBFCEC2.jpeg
D7D3245D-882A-4581-9FB0-3489FB69A78F.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Rothgarr
I would suggest that anyone having the form fitting mud flaps remove them and inspect the paint for any signs of wear. You can see the vertical line and how much they move scraping the paint. I had them on tight but they still move around. Maybe if you have PPF or foam installed between the mud flaps and paint this issue would be minimized. I’m actually digging the Rally style now that they’ve been on for a few days.

View attachment 694339View attachment 694340
Exactly. That's why I put small pieces of PPF at the contact points AND used weather stripping on the mud flaps. I have since moved on to Rally Armor flaps.

@Rothgarr with PPF at the contact points, and if i used double sided 3M tape, do you think the paint would still be affected with the non-rallyarmor style of mud flaps?
I wish I could find the post here on the forum, but someone posted a picture showing that the flaps rubbed through the PPF and started rubbing the paint away. I imagine the tape might help prevent rubbing. Hard to say.

View attachment 645136
View attachment 645134
Looking good!!

Reactions: kevwerks
I wish I could find the post here on the forum, but someone posted a picture showing that the flaps rubbed through the PPF and started rubbing the paint away. I imagine the tape might help prevent rubbing. Hard to say.
I saw the same thing Regarding the ppf. I thought about going the 3m tape route but in the end I decided to cut my losses and move on to the Rally Armor flaps.

Reactions: Rothgarr