Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone measure how much room is from the bottom of mud flap to ground? My model 3 is also like 1.25" lower than factory so want to have an idea how much clearance the flap would have to ground
3.5" of clearance in the front, 4.5" in the back (on my non-lowered 2019 LR DM Model 3 with 18" aero wheels).

The fronts bottom out on most speed bumps, but they are flexible so no damage (and I go over the speed bumps at my kid's school every day)

My issue with these is they look wrong for the car.

I took the cheap Amazon ones and trimmed the bottom off of them so they stopped fracturing when I hit a big bump. I am also lowered so they end up with a lot of contact in some situations until now. I use PPF to prevent them from rubbing on the paint.

I just ordered a set from RokBlokz, I had them on my Golf R and loved them. They just newly released flaps for the Model 3.

Just got them in the mail today and will probably install them today or tomorrow.

I just ordered a set from RokBlokz, I had them on my Golf R and loved them. They just newly released flaps for the Model 3.

Just got them in the mail today and will probably install them today or tomorrow.
Ironically I had rally armor on my mk7 Golf R!

I wish the rokblokz came down slightly lower, came in a gloss black and were less rigid.. sounds like rally armor yes, but rally armor are a little too large out, and too long.

After having a set of the Basenor flaps (aka generic Chinese flaps that are sold by many different brands), then using the TSolutions flaps for a while, I also moved to Rally Armor a month ago. The instructions sucked, and do did the way they are mounted and all the foam spacers they use. I didn't like how the tops of the brackets looked like they stuck out in the back. So I also modified them in the following ways:
  • Painted the screws black
  • Cut the J-hook part of the front brackets because it would run on the metal of the rocker and fender panels where it mounts
  • Made the elongated holes in flaps longer to be able to mount them so they don't stick out as much.
  • Drilled two holes in the upper part of all 4 brackets so that I can solidly mount them to the wheel liners
Here is a front mud flap mounted (I didn't take any pictures of just the bracket before I put the flap on, so you can't see where I cut off the J-and filed it smooth)

IMG_20211031_190703678.jpg

Here is the back bracket and flap. Used black plastic spacers that come with TV mounts in order to support the top part of the brackets against the wheel liner.
IMG_20211031_182552562.jpgIMG_20211031_182623124.jpg

I have 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers and my Rally Armor flaps do an awesome job. And I even have my Rally Armors pushed all the way in.
Sounds good… I’ll be running a +22 mm offset on a 9.5 wide wheel which is about a 30mm spacer on both the front and the back… maybe this could work… I currently have some BS brand from Amazon that does a great job and has NOT scratched my car since I put them on 5 months ago

Wanted to follow up on this thread...Do the folks running the Rally Armors like them? I agree they can look too ricey for a Tesla but i ordered a set and was planning to trim them since im lowered.

For the people that installed them - do you see a reduction in spray from the road during wet days? Black car and lower offset wheels get the side of the car pretty dirty and want to reduce that.

Wanted to follow up on this thread...Do the folks running the Rally Armors like them? I agree they can look too ricey for a Tesla but i ordered a set and was planning to trim them since im lowered.

For the people that installed them - do you see a reduction in spray from the road during wet days? Black car and lower offset wheels get the side of the car pretty dirty and want to reduce that.

I can't speak to Rally Armor mud flaps specifically because I have Rokblokz rally mud flaps, but they are very similar in size to Rally Armor's

There is definitely a noticeable reduction in wheel spray to the body

Pictures of the Rokblokz?

Ask and you shall receive. Couple of pics on my white M3P. I like them so much, I also bought/installed them on my wife’s brand new red MYP

Note, I got the “splash guard” version of the Rokblokz, which is a smaller profile/size than their “mud flap” rally style ones. The larger rally style ones are just too big IMO and draws too much attention to your mud flaps. OK if you like/want that type of look, but not my style. The smaller “splash guard” version is the perfect size, IMO. Fantastic coverage/splash protection while still being discreet and blending in with the vehicle. These are also great on lowered vehicles (my M3P is lowered about 1.5” below stock). Highly recommended!!

IMG_7033.jpeg

IMG_7031.jpeg

IMG_7030.jpeg