Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rally Stripes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, what do folks think about rally stripes on the Tesla? Martin Eberhard's car has dual orange stripes. Cool? Too much like an American muscle car? A nice way to set your car apart from the pack? White trash?

I'm considering a single off-set stripe (driver side). Thoughts?

Martin's car:
me-tesla5.jpg

Uhm, no. They don't.

Very, very few rally stripes manage to avoid serious boy racer territory. Martin's do, the red on black don't (apologies to whoever owns that car), silver on gray driver side do, red on driver side waaaay don't. Those white rally strips are lame - they don't even step up to boy racer.

All IMO of course. Being a color weenie and all.

Oh, I think it's more complicated than that. The two Ferraris that TEG posted - the top one looks pretty good to me, the bottom one, well, not so much.

I think the base color of the car has to be fairly neutral - black or white seem to make the rally stripe look overstated. The stripe on the top Ferrari and the stripe on the Tesla are pretty close in color, but it looks good against the gray and like it's trying to hard on the black. But I think it's like art - if there's a color combo you like, screw the rest of us, it's all just personal opinion.