Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Alarm Sounding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Strange occurrence last night

Around 11pm, alarm went off for no apparent reason. Examined the CCTV this morning and nothing anywhere near the car, no wind or rain or anything either to possibly trigger. Mrs got a notification on her phone, I didn’t for some reason.

Anyone had any phantom alarms recently?

I had a problem once when parked near plants that were waving in the wind.
I'm not fully sure if constant movement near the car will set the alarm off but I couldn't disable it in any way, it kept sounding all day yet never had the problem since.
Does movement near the cameras set the alarm off?

Very strange alarm event occurred a couple of days ago - Parked on the drive, alarm notification on the app & when I checked less than a minute later the car was still locked, no alarm sounding but the passenger seat had moved forward & down into a fully reclined 'come and lay on me' position.

This car has always been a flighty little madam so I'm half expecting the rear lights coming on in darkness whenever a gentleman walks nearby 💋

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
Very strange alarm event occurred a couple of days ago - Parked on the drive, alarm notification on the app & when I checked less than a minute later the car was still locked, no alarm sounding but the passenger seat had moved forward & down into a fully reclined 'come and lay on me' position.

This car has always been a flighty little madam so I'm half expecting the rear lights coming on in darkness whenever a gentleman walks nearby 💋
Hopefully that's a software bug and Tesla may soon introduce passenger seat profiles?
The movement of the seat whilst the car is locked no doubt triggered the motion sensor.

Or maybe I'm just an eternal optimist 🤔

Maybe just a very big spider pressing the button. If that was me I’d get some exterminators out just in case.

I've got a 2020 ME and never had an alarm trigger until today - two occurrences...
First, car parked not near anything else, I approached with the phone key and at about 30 feet away, alarm set off. I thought was that sad dance the thing can do, lights flashing and honking away.
Second, car parked on my drive (set so sentry mode is not activated there) and alarm goes off again. No-one near and the app tells me that sentry mode has activated the alarm.... How??
Nothing else for the last few hours apart from some very strange rumbling noise when reversing with nearly full lock on. Car's falling apart....

I've got a 2020 ME and never had an alarm trigger until today - two occurrences...
First, car parked not near anything else, I approached with the phone key and at about 30 feet away, alarm set off. I thought was that sad dance the thing can do, lights flashing and honking away.
Second, car parked on my drive (set so sentry mode is not activated there) and alarm goes off again. No-one near and the app tells me that sentry mode has activated the alarm.... How??
Nothing else for the last few hours apart from some very strange rumbling noise when reversing with nearly full lock on. Car's falling apart....
See the second post in this thread ;)