TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Random bag of screws?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jimmyz80, Apr 15, 2017.

1. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

Anyone have any idea what these are? They were in the the trunk of my S that I picked up on Thursday.

IMG_3582.jpg IMG_3583.jpg

2. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

For your front license plate holder.

• Like x 1
  3. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

Weird. Wimpiest license plate screws I've ever seen; but I'll bet you're right.

4. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

Huh? What front license plate holder? I haven't seen any holes for a front license plate.

5. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

Well you know that any time something gets put back together, there are always left over parts. :D

6. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

They are license plate screws.. Front or rear.

7. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

They are on the bottom of the front fascia lip! Plate uses an L bracket, bolted at the bottom, plus clear double sided tape. It's very clever actually.

• Informative x 1
  8. psgabin

psgabin Member

no holes in front fascia until license plate holder placed, some want no holder | no holes drilled at delivery

9. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

#9 AudubonB, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Here you go:
    I'm not going to Moderate-edit my post #2, but cowboy up and eat the egg* off my face.

RichardD #6 is correct: they aren't for the holder per se, as I wrote, but they are the self-tapping screws that affix the plate itself into the plastic inserts provided. I had written "front" under the assumption you or the delivery center already had taken care of the rear plate.

*So: that was a nice tasty chocolate-coconut easter egg. Not a yucky 4-minute sticky gooey only-almost-solid-white-with-a-still runny-yolk-egg.

10. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Leftovers somebody forgot to install during production. Don't worry - you're probably okay.